Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

What would you like to fly real world?

Hi Peter don't know it you will see this but two come to mind 1stthe wooden wounder the mosquito and a close second the L1049 ConnieI have had the great luck to help paint one of two flying Lancastersin the world(the one at the Cdn War Plane museum at Hamilton Ont)about 12 yrs ago and missed out going up in it as I had to delever aNavahog(PA 31-350) to Teesside over the pond (but that was great fun anyway!!). Dan

Guest russell

What timing -- I just now saw this thread, after posting a message with the subject "I flew a REAL helicopter!!" :-) So for me, it's a helicopter instead of a plane, and I just did it - fantastic! :-)Russell

Guest Scott Campbell

Wow, since I've flown a few GA's and airliners in RL, I'd have to say "Space Plane". But since that doesn't exist (and why not, it's been long enough?), flying, or even jumpseating, the Space Shuttle from space to Denver's new runway would be sick. ;-) Okay, I'll settle for landing anywhere!If that's not doable (and why not? :-lol), then I'd have to go with an F-15D (fully packed, of course).

Guest Smiley

WWI: Curtiss JennyWWII: P51DCurrent Military: F15EJust for Kicks: SR71 I'd love to experience a standard rate turn over 3 US states :-)GA: TBM 700I've flown SEL ac and have ridden in a 1929 Travel Air Biplane and a Falcon 50 (jump seat). The Curtiss Jenny represents the open air low and slow seat of the pants fun flying.P51D is the ultimate WWII fighter (IMHO)F15E (if I remember correctly) 0' to 60,000' in 2 minutes :-)Who wouldn't want to fly at Mach 3 . . . plus ;-)TBM 700 is the fastest single engine turbo prop :-)

Hi Peter,Nice topic :-)For sheer exhileration I could not go past a ride in a front-line fighter. eg F15, F16 etc. A flight in an F104 would also be quite fun... it would feel like being strapped to a rocket.As far as GA is concerned, an SU29 or Extra 300L flown by a capable pilot would be my pick.Sean MoloneyRealAir Simulations,http://www.realairsimulations.com

Well, Having fulfilled one of my dreams on Saturday in the 1945 SNJ-6, I would like to follow that one up with a demo flight in an F-15. Of Course, I would settle for any modern day jet, but if forced to choose, that would be #1. So here is my short list. :-)1) F-15 Strike Eagle2) F-4 Phantom3) P-51 Mustang4) F-16 Falcon5) F-18 Super Hornet6) Extra 3007) Stearman8) T-38 Talon9) Commander 115 TC10) Piper Warrior (Private Joke)Thanks for a good thread Peter. :-)Best Regards,Joe :-wavePicture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htmhttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

No question at all, but there is something about speed at no altitude and theres only one choice when it comes to that!Ray

One Single flight .... GREATEST Thrill RIDEThe BACK SET of the F4, taking the place of Willie Driscoll, with Randy (Duke) Cunningham driving May 10, 1972 when they encounter Col Tomb (Toon) and two overs over Vietnam. (Knowing who would return home safely before I climb in.)bob

I would like to cross the South Atlantic in a Comet 4 during the very early sixties. To see where do we end on the other side...Maximo.

Hi Peter!1. US Navy T-22. US Navy T453. McDD F-4 PhantomThanks for the question!