Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

PC Pilot

Has anyone else purchased a copy of PC Pilot, Issue 18 yet ? I would like to know what everyone thinks about the FU2 article.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris.I received my copy of the magazine today, and I was very surprisedthat they had used so much space for this article.I was very pleased to see this, and at the first look at it was very impressive.That means both the variants of screenshots that explainesthe "user interface" and "in flight".The article itself gives a very instructive and good overlook of theFU series, and IMO. very well written. You did a very good job on this.I think you will receive a lot of comment's for this in time to come.From all simmer's I will guess.And in the mean time I'll pass the word to all who read this forum.Get yourself a copy of PC-pilot Issue 18.NOW!!Thank you.Lars Peter.

Guest jonpoint

Congrats, Chris :-beerchugCouldn't have said it better myself. Of course, coming from you, I kind of expected it! Now if only "sold out' would re-release FU3, I'm sure you'd have some great material to submit :-) . BTW, I am enjoying your airport upgrades immensly. Thankyou. Of course I had to move a few trees at Ranger to taxi the DC3 between. I could land OK without hitting anything but between the tree and the windsock? Pity the DC3 doesn't have reverse - I could probably do a 3-point turn around them :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Sorry Chris, there are no issues of PC Pilot in Poland.B.Adamski

Lars,Thank you for the positive response. I would dearly love to have the chance to write an article about FU3, so let's hope that it will be released on a budget label in the near future.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jon,Mark Embleton at PC Pilot has indicated to me that they are getting "warmer" with respect to information about a possible budget release of FU3. Let's hope that something positive happens soon.With respect to Ranger Creek, I have actually removed the windsock near the runway, and also the one that virtually stands on the taxiway ! Still, I have only used the Baron here so far, but I will probably attempt a landing with the King Air 350 in the near future (I am testing the Mooney at the moment).Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bogdan,You can order copies of PC Pilot direct from www.pcpilot.net. They ship them worldwide as far as I am aware.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am one of those who had been seduced away from FU3 by that other FS. The article, and I agree with Lars that it is good, has persuaded me to return.Well done, ChrisDon Rowley

Now that's what I call an encouraging post. If we can just get another 100,000 like that, then maybe we have a chance of getting someone to develop Flight Unlimited 4 ! :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Iv only just go it, and read it to day, Its grate.Im prouwd of you Chris, Youv dun us all prouwd.I see you stil managed to get in a littel bit about FU3at the end of your articl, inspight of wat PC PILOT sedabout not printing any thing about a flight sim that carntbe perchest.Well dun Chis.Im glad you got a plug in about us hear at AVSIM being thebigest place to get add ons.And a fall 4 page spred as well.Wel dun Chis, well dun.john,

Well, another 100.000 Fu user would be another 100.000 copies available in the stores,and where is that??If only "Electonic Arts" would "pull the finger out" and do some more copies of this exellent software, they will get at least some respect and a lot of new customers.(You can see what "EIDOS" and "soldout software" did with Flight ulimited 2").Flight Unlimited 2 was developed as early as 1997 and is still a "HOT SIM". in the market."Looking Glass tecknlologies" had the correct manual of work, and the staff to do this in a verywell done way to make the user "WANTING" to visit the game again and again.It's almost as in real life ,- what will happend next time??I am not only talking from a sim.related view of point, but also for the great games likethe " LG. dark Project-THIEF" another "interactive" game from this producer.Many other companies had also during mid. 90's a lot of good software for all of us.That's the way it should be for every developer of a game that is serious enough to make addon's and listening to the market of games (overall)I am very dissapointed of the "BIG COMPANIES" developing games in 2002.They are all just thinking latest software tecknologies making money of the younger generationsin particular,- without thinking of the substans of the"user interface" of the game,-the interactive parts.It's almost as reading a book.You can read a standard book and you know what will happend next. But If you add some variants to this you will never know what happends next time you visit the same book.The interactive part's that L.G made was a"masterpiece of work" .and always will be the hard part of any software. we will not see this for a long time to come I think.Maybe the New generations of new "gamemakers" don't know how??I hope they will again soon.If so that kind of games will be great "HITTING THE MARKET" Just my opinion using PC-games from the beginning.I have not yet seen anything better than the "Old looking Glass"Best wishes.Lars Peter.

I agree with your comments Lars. The random nature of the AI planes is one feature that makes FU3 a completely different experience every time. Naji told me that the AI planes depart at certain times of the day in FS2002, but presumably that means that they appear at the same time, every time. That may be close to reality, but it doesn't provide any surprises.Let's face it, having AI Concordes in FU3 is great (thanks Jouko), but we would all get bored eventually if we KNEW when they were going to appear !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks John. It's nice to know that everyone appears to be very pleased with my article. Mark Embleton at PC Pilot has informed me that they are getting "warmer" with respect to current information regarding FU3, so let's hope that something positive happens very soon. If FU3 is released on a budget label, then I will be only too pleased to write an article about the greatest PC flight simulator of all time.Maybe one day I will have the chance to review Flight Unlimited 4 !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>Bogdan, >>You can order copies of PC Pilot direct from >www.pcpilot.net. They ship them worldwide as far as I am >aware. >>Chris Low, >ENGLAND. Ordered copy of PC Pilot Vol.18 on 20th at 1300 GMT and received it this morning (22.08)at 1000 GMT - pretty good for snail mail.You made a pretty good job of it Chris - expected somewhat more relating to FU3 though - perhaps a follow up is in the works?While I am at it - why is there no attempts to do reverse engineering of FU3? With MS now publishing details on the API calls of DirectX that would perhaps give leads to where one might start backwards and then make use of the 3D improvements available in newer versions of DirectX. My personal opinion is that the flight characteristics of FU3 is up to scratch but that progress is due in other parts of the "gaming engine".Are there enough hacker spirit and know how among the FU3 enthusiasts to take on the challenge? Comparing such a task to the efforts put into the hacking of the X-box - converting it to a Linux box, software conversion to run on PC's etc.Just a thought .......regards

Guest Motormouse

Hi Chris,good job you made of this article :-), I think maybe a 'follow-up'is in order:-wavePete