Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

PC Pilot

Torstein,I originally wanted to write an article about FU3, but the editors of PC Pilot thought that it would be pointless to write an article about a piece of software that nobody could purchase ! That was a fair point, which is why an article about FU2 was eventually written. However, I have every intention of writing another article for PC Pilot when FU3 is released on a budget label.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

Hello ChrisYesterday i ran(!) down to my local magazine shop to get me a copy of PC Pilot issue #18, but got told to come back in two weeks :-(I promise i will come back with my opinion as soon as i have read your article (if i still can find this thread by then...) Now when did you say Flight Unlimited 4 was scheduled for release? ;-)// Daniel

Daniel,You can order copies of PC Pilot direct from www.pcpilot.net. The advantage here is that the CD will not be stuck to the front cover.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

Hi Chris, just received PC Pilot #18 and read your article.It's very accurate and, aside from the detailed description of the program features, I liked particularly every "evaluation" you made there, specially when comparing the different programs available at every time. You simply wrote there down my thoughts exactly.Only thing I missed was a mention of the Fokker triplane patch, the only major add-on ever available for FU2... (hey, you wanted criticism, didn't you?) :)All in all, a sensational job. You did even make me consider re-installing FU2 again, which I've never done since FU3 was released!!Thanks once again,

Daniel,I don't use FU2 myself. I only installed it for the purposes of the article !As for the "criticism", please don't do it again. It hurts my ego. :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bogdan,You probably do need to pay by credit card, but I'm not absolutely sure. I will e-mail Mark Embleton, and then let you know.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I love FU2. In my opinion, its better than FU3. I like it because of its familier terrain, great frame rates, VERY easy (and better looking times of day) weather/time system. And, i just have more great memories of going over my friends house and having nice flights from Half Moon Bay to Delta. And, of corse, the thing that sold me was clipping my wing on Lick Observatory and flying in circles (sorry). Speaking of Fu2, have you ever seen that glitch and Bonny Doon Village? I was taxiing to the runway, and suddenly my wing fell off because we went up a hill. Anyways, when it fell off we suddenly were 50,000 feet above the airport and falling with our wings chopped off. had to be the funniest things i have ever seen.-Tom Z

I haven't replied to this thread before but I've been busy trying to round up a copy of the magazine. I looked through the shelves of our major Norwegian magazine vendor Narvesen but I couldn't find it. That's strange since I did find PC Pilot several months ago, among real aviation magazines. They stock a lot of international PC game magazines, you know the kind focusing on zombies, gore, big blasts and medieval castles ;-)I gave in and went to the website to order. My copy should arrive in a few days and I'm looking forward to reading it.Hans Petter

Hi Hans-Petter,Narvesen still stocks the "PC Pilot", but only at selected outlets here in Oslo area - CC Vest is one. But you live in Bergen I take it and that is not quite Norway - is it?Ordering the magazine on the web is expedient however, got mine in less than 48 hours re previous post. I ordered a copy of IL-2 at the same time - at the favourable price of

I received the magazine today and will peruse it tomorrow. I've browsed through it and focused on the FU2 article tonight. It's very well written and the pictures are great! The only downside is that some of the images seem to be a tad light but that may be my copy only? I'm just concerned that readers who don't use FU2/FU3 may get the impression that the scenery looks "bleached". I'm glad Chris managed to include some sentences at the end of the article pointing readers to this website / forum :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Hans,You are quite right about some of the pictures looking a touch too light. I don't know if this had anything to do with the screen resolution, but Mark did originally ask for screenshots at up to 1600 by 1200. Unfortunately (as I pointed out to him), 1024 by 768 is the best that FU2 can offer, and this drops to only 800 by 600 for panel shots.By the way, I still have the original screenshots stored on disk. I would be prepared to send these to anyone who is interested, but I had better clear it with Mark Embleton at PC Pilot first. There may be copyright issues involved !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I had a word with Mark Embleton at PC Pilot, and he says that there isn't a problem providing anyone here with the original screenshots used in the FU2 article. They just can't be used for commercial purposes.He also gave me some other interesting information that I can't say anything else about at the present time.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png