Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

DC3 update

Guest jonpoint

Well, it's almost ready. I've sent the resfile to Ansgar for checking so hopefully, early next week it will be available on Avsim. This update encompasses callsign, cockpit, flight model, ATC, engine sound and texture upgrades. Although released in VH-ABR livery, you can still add you favourite civilian texture :-)Here's a screenshot. Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Beautiful machine! Ansett and Qantas are doing very well at FU3!(not so well in Australia). Any bully beef in the back?

Guest Ansgar

Hello Jon Point,that pic looks really promising!According your: "....I've sent the resfile to Ansgar for checking..."I

Guest juvat2

Hi Fellas,Off topic kind of. Has the "contact point fix" been released for the DC3-XC47? I've got the one for the wheeled versions. Been wondering if you all have had the time for the float version.That is an outstanding livery Jon. My thanks to you all for these wonderful aircraft for us all to enjoy.Take Care,Jim B.

Guest jonpoint

Nah but we've got reheated plastic sausages and eggs and luke-warm coffee in the food warmers just behind you. BTW, don't tell the passengers but I sneaked a large KFC bucket on - it's behind your seat. Oh! I didn't tell you - the stewardess is sick so you're it. Don't forget to wipe the KFC off you face or they'll want some.... and the ground crew have just been sacked and replaced by understudies from Skippy. Can't stop 'em running alongside the plane when we're taking off...Regarding Ansett and Qantas, why not? I'd still feel safer with either airline (if Ansett WAS still an airline) than any other. Air NZ is OK too and Polynesian's great (Qantas flight and ground crews over here)but, apart from Qantaslink, all the 'new' domestic carriers are cowboys. Hazelton and Kendell were great small airlines too - good enough for Ansett to buy them and retain their names. I've flown both and been very happy with the service. I remember calling the airport on the mobile when I was running late for a return Kendell flight from Wagga. The pilot grabbed the airport phone (!) and says 'no worries mate, it'll give me time for a pee'. It's toooo sad.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************