Sign in to follow this  

fog over water

Hi,Just wondering if anybody knows if there is a way to improve the look, of what I am assuming, is fog over water?ThanksPeter

Peter,That looks like a graphics problem to me. What graphics card do you use ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Iv never seen that bifor!

Never seen thatBTW what plane/panel is that? Never seen that before as well :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Grumann Goose for sure :-) If you haven't got it, please search the archives / library for "Goose" or Steve Hess".That fog is a definite video card anomaly. It might be a case of no anti-aliasing being enabled or the use of a generic driver that doesn't quite fit the card.Hans Petter

I am using a Geforce 2 64mb graphics card with the newest drivers from Nvidia, I have not enabled anti-aliasing? as when I do I get a thin broken line through my panel, but will try again to see if the fog looks better.Yes Grumman Goose, my favourite plane, thanks StevePeter.

Peter, you've got to learn to live with that line through the panel if you use an Nvidea card. If you scrutinize screenshots by anyone using Nvidea video cards you'll see it. I use Voodoo 5 which is perfect for FU3 as well as being quite good for FS2002, with a few changes of that sim's configuration file. At any rate, sacrificing anti-aliasing (edge smoothening) is not a good option.Hans Petter

The line through the panel can be fixed but requires editing the cockpit. Also, you'll either have to sacrifice the outside view beside the curved part of the panel, or you have to accept a slightly offset point of view over the panel.The line is caused by the bottom edge of the rectangle that contains the outside view. By moving the bottom edge of the rectangle either to the top edge of the panel (thereby leaving the little bit beside the panel without the outside view) or to the bottom of the screen (thereby shifting the point of view), you can eliminate the line.

Guest jonpoint

Peter,Definitely LOOKS like a video prob. I just had to uninstall the 30.30 Detonator driver (GE2 MX200) I installed last week because I was getting funny shadowing in NFS and MM2. The ol' 29.40 is back in. The good thing about Nvidia stuff is that it uses 'common' drivers. The bad thing is that some card manufacturers (Leadtek, Eagle, SB etc.) do little 'customising jobs' on their cards which means that sometimes, reference drivers (Detonator) don't work properly or give weird results. My old TNTM64 card used to have some strange artifacts on it. When I sold it and installed on a mate's PC using the original Eagle drivers, it was fine. This annoyed me because I had installed the Nvidia drivers from day one and had never used the card with the 'proper' drivers. Sometimes it pays to follow the manual :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************