Sign in to follow this  

Where are my cirrus clouds?

Friends,Does anyone know what lines control and create the cirrus clouds in the CFG files? I have the both the Seattle and San Fran areas installed, but I can generate cirrus clouds (properly at Sky Detail Level 2) in only San Francisco area. I have fiddled the weather some... with Laurie Doering's files so maybe I messed something up.Trouble is... If so... I don't know what...If any one knows what lines control cirrus in San Fran... I will write them in the Seattle Region cfg.Thanks from Indiana,Steve

Guest glidernut

Hi Steve Brown,This is the line fore the cfg.opt_sky_detail 2It dus the same thing as puting the "SKY DETIL" slider too the fare right in "weather" in "options".It wont give you cirrus clouds every time, but without it you will never see the cirrus clouds.So when you do by chance get cirrus clouds, save and name thatweather file.john.

Thank you John,I checked and the line "opt_sky_detail 2" is in my main cfg file. I just now pasted it also in the Seattle region file. But Still NO cirrus clouds in Seattle no matter how long and hard I play with the weather. I do get some in San Francisco, though. Any other ideas?Thanks,Steve

John...I just saved my cirrus clouds from San Fran as you told me... and now when I fly in Seattle I use the same file... and it works. Thank you very much.Steve

Guest glidernut

Yoy meen sumthing I sed, actualy works ?Im gob-smact, but glad.I been looking throo my weather files fore one with cirrus cloudsso I can post it hear fore you to douwn-lowd and use.But I could not fined one.And I know Iv got at leest one sum where, cus Iv seen it.Now I remember where Iv seen it, its used in one of my blck box vidios, Its the "Malibu with sound by glidernut".So I played the blck box vidio, and then went to the weather skreenand saved and named it "cirrus clouds". So if you or any one els want the "Cirrus Clouds" weather file, heaer it is.It gose in the FU3 WEATHER folder.john or glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Yes I know, thats not a ziped up weather file.I dont know wat it is. So bin it.I dont know wat went rong ?I used to be abel to up-lowd a ZIP file for peopl to doun-lowd.Try this one insted.glidernut.

Guest glidernut

No, thats not ritht ither.So it seems that we carnt up-lowd zip files fore peopl to doun-lowdfrom the Forum any more, grrumff.glidernut.