Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FU3 screenshots

Guys,I think it's time to post some pictures on the Screenshots Forum. I've just been having a "debate" with several "pitiful creatures" :-lol on the GENERAL CHAT Forum who don't seem to be aware of just how good looking Flight Unlimited 3 actually is.I think that it is our duty to put the record straight. I will be posting some screenshots this weekend, and it would be nice if we could get a "screenshot armada" together. :-)Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>I think it's time to post some pictures on the Screenshots >Forum. I've just been having a "debate" with several >"pitiful creatures" :-lol on the GENERAL CHAT Forum who >don't seem to be aware of just how good looking Flight >Unlimited 3 actually is. >>I think that it is our duty to put the record straight. I >will be posting some screenshots this weekend, and it would >be nice if we could get a "screenshot armada" together. :-) Here are some pics I've "recorded" from yet another sim, that may also not have a future. I too, believe that they show what the sim was capable of. From the screenshot forum:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID47/8875.htmlL.Adamson

Larry,Those are very nice screenshots, but can you provide some from low altitude.........maybe 1000 feet ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>Larry, >>Those are very nice screenshots, but can you provide some >from low altitude.........maybe 1000 feet ? >he,he------This is a case of where different sims have their own advantages. I think we all know that FLYII won't look as good at low altitudes as either FUIII or FS2002. But at the same time, you're going to be hard pressed to get high (but not too high) altitude shots from the "other" sims that look as good as those!In the meantime, I can use both sims for the certain advantages they afford. But speaking of FUII and III, I still have plenty of HD space on this CPU, as well as owning both programs. Does anyone know if I'll have loading/compatibility problems on this setup? They were previously installed on a PIII600/Viper770 Ultra.L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram

Larry,I'm sure that FU3 will run just fine on your PC, but I would also advise the following:-1. Install the patch !2. Install Laurie Doering's weather upgrades.3. Activate 4xS anti aliasing.4. Install a few scenery and aircraft add-ons. I won't suggest any, otherwise I may be criticised for being biased !5. Download Jouko Huovinen's AI Enhancement package.Finally, just enjoy the BEST flight simulator on the PC ! ;)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>>Finally, just enjoy the BEST flight simulator on the PC ! ;) >I'm sure it will be fantastic for my KSLC to KLAX flight with a stop off in Vegas!! :-lol L.Adamson

FU3:+Great scenery detail and graphics from about 2000 ft. up to about 10 000 ft.+Planes "feel right" (though I've never flown one in real life :) )+Good ATC and AI, especially for VFR+Great weather simulation-IFR is a bit limited and buggy-Scenery gets a bit blurry when flying low-Game engine a bit outdated (only max 1024x76816bit and the models are low-poly)-Scenery area is a bit limitedFS2002:+MASSIVE scenery area. You can fly anywhere in the world and it looks OK+Great ATC for IFR flights+Huge selection of freeware and payware scenery, aircraft and misc tools+Virtual Cockpits with working gauges+Autogen-Flying on rails anyone (refering to the "stiff" response of the C182/172 and Baron)?-Scenery is just an impression of what the place might look like in real life. It gives you a general idea of what it might look like but entire cities could be missing-Very little VFR AI traffic. Airports like Half Moon Bay are completely empty in FS2002. I miss the Cessnas flying circuits around the airports.-bad weather effects. The clouds look nice but the weather systems are not dynamic like those in FU3.As for Fly, I bought Fly1 but I haven't played it much. The scenery was too blurry and by the time I got a PC that was able to handle the sim, the sim was already made obsolete by FS2000 and FU3.That's only my opinion :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Stearman

>2. Install Laurie Doering's weather upgrades. >5. Download Jouko Huovinen's AI Enhancement package. Hi Chris, please remind me... where shall I get those two from and what are the filenames?Thanks in advance,

>>-Flying on rails anyone (refering to the "stiff" response of >the C182/172 and Baron)? Flying on rails is a term that relates more to FS98 and before. You could basically leave the flight to make coffee, drink half a pot, and the plane will still be on course and altitude. With FS2K and FS2002, it has changed. But the FS2002 defaults ARE stiff in roll and pitch. Kind of like being in very soupy wet cement! Fortunately there are some much improved air. files for the 172 (Ron Freiumuth), 182 (Rob Young), and the Baron (Steve Small). I was surprised about the defaults, because Microsoft's CFS2 which was released six months before, had more lively flight modeling. But apparently the same team of programmers don't do all the work on both simulations.With the addition of 3rd party files for the defaults, and many new additions such as the Dreamfleet Archer, C-421, and FSD Cheyenne, the models seem quite life like in flying qualities. BTW----- I made numerous complaints about the graphics and general bluriness of FLYII. It was my opinion that the original FLY with the addition of TerraScene2 looked better. But I did know that FLYII was capable of producing improved resolution with TerraScene and satellite type images. It was the 3rd party So-Cal scenery that I made these pics from........... that caught my interest for FLYII. Until then, I was generally quite good at making "enemies" on the FLY forum! :) Now I'm just hoping the sim can and will be expanded by others, because flying over this type of scenery just seems quite authentic. Besides the panels are already on the realistic side. I used the FLYII Cessna panel for a refresher course before flying a 172SP a few days ago. It worked well!L.Adamson

Larry,I would be interested to hear your thoughts about the flight models in FU3 when you get it installed. Since you stated that you have used FU3 in the past, then you will probably be familiar with the default planes. However, there are plenty of user designed aircraft that have been built since you've "been away". Maybe you could give us an idea of how good or bad they "feel".Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jim,Remember that Tom will be back in a few days with a "cease and desist" order regarding anything to do with FS2002 on this forum !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Howdy,For obvious reasons I can help you with the number 5:The file is ai_traffic_enhanced_100.zipin Avsim File Library.Regards,Jokke

>Jim, >>Remember that Tom will be back in a few days with a "cease >and desist" order regarding anything to do with FS2002 on >this forum ! >That's why I put in a link to FLYII pics yesterday! :)L.Adamson

Daniel,I can provide you with Laurie Doering's weather upgrades if you want them. You simply have to copy and paste the text to the end of your flt3.cfg file.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png