Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

Back to work on UK!!!

Guest Quaxo

Hello guys,I'm back from holydays and started work again on UK... I have moved the region to the new "expanded" standartd, and made some new tiles. Here I post the new updated map.Cheers,Cristian

Guest Robert_S

Welcome back, Cristian!Believe it or not, I will get back to you in e-mail. Among other things to cover, about six of those postcards are in need of some explanation. You may have noticed some of them are numbered on the back. "Eventually!", as I tell my mom at least once a day. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]

Guest Quaxo

Howdy Bob! Yes I noticed the numbers on the back of some postcards, I thought you had started numbering them and then gave up :) !!!I'll wait for your e-mail...Cheers,Cristian

Guest Quaxo

I have modified tilindex.bin and removed some non-useful level4 files, so now you can see the status in the screenshot I've attached.I've also made a little batch file, which renames the tiles of the old London region, to the tiles of the new UK_South region. It's fully automated, and converts everything that is needed. If someone needs it, email me including the address for the reply, and I'll send the file.Bye,Cristian

Guest Quaxo

Back on doing tiles now - I completed another 10. See the attached map. Now even Heathrow is included, and London City is finally well merged with the rest of my scenery...Cristian

Guest Quaxo

8 new tiles are done. Now Stansted too is merged with the rest.But now I'll have to drastically slow down, as in the raw data I have there are very big "holes"... for some of the tiles, as many as 200 images are missing. This means a lot of download for me, and it will take a long time...Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Puuuuuuuuuh Christian,the speed you increase the scenery is amazing. I just want to state that london is complete in two weeks ..... but then I heared from the wholes in the source .........;-) :-)Congratulations in any case for each new megatile!Ansgar A.

Guest Quaxo

Thanks Ansgar!!! You see, I've become some sort of "addict"... I can't go to bed if I haven't completed at least a couple of megatiles!!! :)Cristian