Sign in to follow this  

New to this forum, not to FU3, but i really need some h

Hello all,I've been away from FU3 for about a year, but I wanted to give it a try again after flying to the US this summer with United Airlines, and listening to the ATC chatter the whole flight! My flight was from Amsterdam to San Francisco, and during my stay there i decided to head over to Half Moon Bay just to look at the FU2 default airport in real life! Unfortunately, it didn't really live up to my expectations. The area is really nice, but the airfield looked like a ghost town.. AAANYWAY.I came home a few days ago, wanting to play FU3 again. but then i realised I had bought a new video card since the last time I played FU3. An Nvidea Geforce 2 GTS/Pro. And now my game doesn't work anymore. This has probably been covered before in this forum, but i must have overlooked it i guess.Can anyone please help me out, en tell me what i need to get FU3 to run again? Thanks in advance!Kai

Guest twsimfan

Kai,Yes, this one has been covered a lot. FU3 will lockup your system when you press the fly button with a Nvida based Video card unless you have the patch installed. You can find the patch in the AVSIM library... be sure to get the right one for your version of FU3... US, UK, or German.Welcome to the forum! :-sun1

Hmmm.. it seems my username Kai was deactivated.. it hasn't been 3 months since i started this topic right?Anyway, thanks for welcoming me, Tom and Chris!And Tom, thanks for the info.. the game works just fine.Few more q's though:1. Is it possible to install the San Fran scenery at a later time? Or do i need to reinstall again?2. Isn't there a site or something where i can read about some must-have files for FU3, like new aircraft models or other add-ons?Thanks a bunch,Kai(2)

Welcome back to FU3, Kai :)To install FU2 San Fran scenery, it has to be done while installing FU3.Regarding aircraft and scenery addons, you're at the right place! Go to AVSIM library, FU3 section, and search to your heart's content.All the best.

Welcome, Kai!I believe you can manually add the FU2 scenery post installation but it's a bit of work. I don't even remember all the details. It's much easier just to install it during FU3 installation.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table