Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Better Baron views

I just got this image from Ed and thought that I wanted to share it with you. It's the front right quarter view, this time with a "kiss of flash" to avoid the shadows AND with a much better resolution. To be able to post this image I've reduced its size as well as increased the jpg compression but my original is outstanding. I'll cut out the windows and fill them with transparent green and we're all set.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Hans, what are the two faint lines coming down from the right edge of the windscreen? They are very faint on the original but gray and solid looking in the FU3 picture.

The faint lines are some fraying strands of fabric along the edge of the windshield / windscreen. I'll make them less conspicuous but I think I want to keep them for the Big Red. After all, if the original has this slight imperfection we'll keep it until Ed fixes it :-)Later we might use these bitmaps for other Barons. Then these lines will go and the red on the wings may be replaced by a more generic off-white.I'm about ready for an upload but I'm inclined to wait for Steve's new panel. Alternatively I could upload it with Tom Wunder's panel and you could all take it from there. If so, I might change the hue of Tom's panel a bit to make it blend with the quarter views. Ed's aircraft has a tawny (light brown) panel and interior. Maybe we'll see an Ansett Baron?Hans Petter

Guest twsimfan

Hans,If you need or wish to use my version... mine & Eric's that is... be assured that you have permission to do so.

Thanks Tom! I just changed the hue of the panel to make it match the quarter views. I really like this panel since it's very flyable even though it's not a totally realistic Baron panel. I just reduced those fraying strands described above and my version of "Big Red" is about ready to roll. I'm flying it every day, usually to test out some new tweaks, and it might be time to upload it. I'm really a perfectionist and want to get everything right but then, there's nothing wrong with uploading a version 1 and perfect it later :-)Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Hans Petter,Looks fantastic :-) Can't wait for Big Red! I don't mind if you want to fiddle with colours before you release it. I can wait a bit longer for perfection! My last project took a month to do and two months to finish but I think it was worth the effort (DC3 V1.20).Ansett Baron? Is that a hint? I was thinking of doing a BAE146? Now, if only I could get hold of a Saab 340 to play with...Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************