Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

DC3 Version 1.2 uploaded

Guest jonpoint

Hi to all DC3 fiends! I just got the green light from Ansgar so I've just uploaded the latest DC3 revision with lots of little changes. All bug fixes are included, new textures, new 'hi-fi' engine sounds, new cockpit (well, nicer!) plus some other small refinements. Freeware, of course! Please read the enclosed text files for a full list of credits.Please enjoy flying it as much as I enjoyed playing with it! Here's some screenshots while you're downloading!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

That's looking really good. Congratulations to all who worked so hard on this.Ian

Guest twsimfan

Jon,It looks great... I may have to download yet another DC-3! Can you give us some pics of your internal upgrades?

Guest jonpoint

Gee Ansgar, >119 downloads in the first 24 hours :-eek Seems like a lot of people like the DC3 :-)It's very encouraging to see because it means that we still have lots of keen FU3 users out there.Re: changesI was kinda hoping that, bandwidth permitting, people might just download it and find the changes themselves. As a friend said; "it's all just kinda different". None of the changes are major, just tidying-up really. A few from the cockpit:- the ammeter 'works'- night lighting is much softer and more realistic (you don't fly with all the cabin lights on!).- I changed the shadows and reflections a bit in the night cockpit views for realism (the light comes from inside at night).- FSAA lines removed- the left-rear view has a wing in it!- a pilot (Ken) in the F4 rear view (so it looks like someone's flying the plane in the F5 view). Be nice to him, please. He's a cousin of mine. He's also Mike's fishing buddy. - new windscreen-wiper gearboxes (they look like they're out of an old Leyland bus!).- internal engine sounds are changed to suit the new external sounds.- other details from the 'plush' cockpit download I posted some time ago.- the 'Alpha Bravo Romeo' callsign (another previous download) is implemented here.Then there's the outside ;-) I'll get back to work - catch y'all soon!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************:

Guest R_Driscoll

I can't wait to fly this. This gives me a bit of a problem - I want totake some seaplanes out around the Farallon islands. Darn! I will just have to put more time into flying.Great piece of work, Jon and Ansgar!Robert D.

Guest jonpoint

Well, you could take the DC3 from Sacramento Exec down to Half-Moon Bay and pick up your Renegade there. Just ring the HM hangar first - tell Mike that you're flying down with Ken - he'll probably want a few coldies for the favour but the Rennie will be fueled-up, ready to go. Just tell 'em I sent ya :-beerchugBTW, don't forget the coldies :-) PS Next time you create ground staff, can we have a pretty girl please? Not that Mike's THAT ugly - he just drinks ALL the beer and talks about fishing 24/7. Besides, he hasn't discovered deodorant...PPS Glad you like it.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jon,an official THANK YOU for all the support also here in the forum. :-) The shots above are really great and they tell a lot of your invested hours, I sure couldn

Guest glidernut

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.The snap-shot looks real good.Iv tried many times, but Iv not got it yet.I just keep trying, and I get it in the end. glidernut.

Thank you for releasing this plane.Once again a "masterpiece of work"I'll have to include this in the hangar.Lars Peter.

Guest R_Driscoll

Great idea! (not the pretty girl - that's beyond me. A guy's gottaknow his limitations). Would stay to chat but i have to load theDC3 with a bit of gear.Thanks for this masterpiece,Robert.

Guest jonpoint

Hmmm, 277 :-eekThanks to everyone for the support but mostly to Ansgar for creating the DC3 for FU3 in the first place. Especially the texture base - being able to freely alter graphics without all the 'where is that texture?' problems is wonderful. My RFDS B200 project failed because of this. Who wants backward text?(Ansgar) 'so I hold me a bit in the background here ...'Don't be modest Ansgar - if you hadn't released it when you did, I wouldn't have had the time to do to it what I did! Thanks.PS I wonder if anyone thinks they've found ALL the changes yet?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest CaptRolo

Thanks for Great Work on this bird . I just downloaded and flew it . really a thrill.!!CaptRolo

Capt Rollo and the rest of you -- I was planning to ask whether the zip or the aircraft was corrupt since mine makes FU3 quit to the desktop. Since you "downloaded and flew it" I suppose my zip got corrupted during the download. Still, I'm posting this to ask whether anyone else has had any problems. I'll download it again once you all tell me that the file is sound :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Hans Petter,Sorry I have not rechecked the download yet (I have downloaded it but didn't have time on the weekend to do it) but I haven't heard any other grumbles. It wouldn't be the first time I've trashed a resfile during download. :-madAny reports from the crew?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************