Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pieter

MSFS users want FU style scenery

Guest Pieter

Sigh! The circle is completed. I knew the novelty of FS would wear thin ;-) I saw the following discussed, that some would rather prefer more detailed scenery of a local area than to have 60% detail of 100% of the world. Back to FU I say... :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/10059.htmlPieter

Guest Pieter

As I said, it is only meant for :-lol. I mean, we all know that can't happen ;-) - you may read my comment in there as well. We all strive for better scenery, but to dump some to gain in others is not the way to go, and I doubt MS will do that. Even X-Plane will soon have advanced scenery for Mars, ehh, for whomever may need that anyway... FS2k2 (or rather all of FS's past releases) were not 5 minutes on my HD or I had added the necessary radio masts, buildings and taxiways where appropriate for my own country and demands!! Sjee - people are getting lazy these days to experiment a bit on their own, rather fork out more money for less, as long as they don't have to do it themselves ;-)PieterPS He-he Larry, I'm sure you've bought many a newspaper with headings like mine, just to see it was only all about a small ant stepped on somewhere in some remote back alley, but the post was there nonetheless... ;-)

Larry,I suspect that there are many users of MSFS who would like highly detailed scenery of limited areas. However, I will go no further than that. ;)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Pieter,The FS2002 DVD case has a very prominent position on my PC software shelf, right next to all of the other software that isn't currently installed on my PC ! :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The recent Terrain SDK description indicates that photo terrain textures can be used in FS2k2. I haven't read the SDK docs yet to see what's involved but perhaps FU2 and FU3 terrain textures could be ported over. Then there's the issue of coastlines and other possible alignment anomalies.I prefer FU3 also but flying with others on Bush Net is quite a treat!Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Peter,My preference for FU3 over FS2002 involves far more than just the terrain graphics.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>Peter, >>My preference for FU3 over FS2002 involves far more than >just the terrain graphics. >>Chris Low, >ENGLAND. Water dropplets on the windshield? :)L.Adamson

Guest Allan_D

Hi Gang,I can get droplets of water on the windshield from either game, I still use them both and enjoy them both, At the moment I'm having so much fun seeing other real Pilots through my windscreen, That I hope it doesn't rain again :-lolDoesn't this look like more fun then water on your windshield?Flying with your buddys,http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7eb6a503b17964.jpgI can say something about the FU3 [h1]Fled Program[/h1] I have had a great amount of fun with that. I've made my FU3 world very alive.A lot of you's have my files. I hope you's are having fun with them,My first package that I every built was "Moose Hunting Lodge" That was were I learned how to make things move and fly, Since then I've built many [h2]Fun[/h2] Packages.I loaded some of these to the library, but found out that they only worked with Bjorn's, Frank Betts, Kim Warners, Jure's, Naja's, Pete's, Glidernuts, John Blacks, Etc. My files will not work with someone that isn't working together with the rest of us so I removed my files from the library. safer that way :-lolHave Fun Allan and his Co-Pilot Puppy looking scared :-lolhttp://bfu.avsim.Net/sigpics/AllanD.jpg

Allan,I sincerely hope that you aren't trying to annoy me again. I don't deliberately try to make my add-ons incompatible with those of others. I have said time and again that I design my add-ons for my own personal use. It is a very great bonus that others can use and enjoy them, and it makes me feel good that this is the case.Let's not start this little "war" again, because I like it even less than Tom likes my criticisms of FS2002.Best Wishes (always),Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Allan,After seeing a two hour documentary tonight regarding events on 11th September 2001, my comments don't really seem all that important anymore. I'll accept that your own comments were made light heartedly, and were not really intended to offend me.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png