Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

DC3 Version 1.20 Feedback

Guest jonpoint

No, I'm not gloating - I heard a few grumbles regarding the v1.20 download and so far, only a couple of people have reported success. Is anyone else having any problems with it or any questions, comments etc?Don't be shy :-coolJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi!Downloaded and tested out for several flights.It is running very well on my computer.Others reports of trouble must be caused by something else.A very nice aircraft.Thanks.Lars Peter.

Guest juvat2

Hi Jon,Your version of the DC3 is fantastic. Once again an outstanding job. Its my main people hauler in Df/x(till Df/x timed out on me). I use it in Hennies challenge and the Fu3 Pro challenge now as well.Thank you all for providing this fabulous aircraft. Its a joy to operate.Jim B.

Guest jonpoint

Thanks all :-sun1Obviously, most people didn't have problems. I know I did - that's the reason for the delay in release and why I was asking. I couldn't even get the resfile to Ansgar to test it without my mail system shredding it!I'm glad you all enjoy it. I still fly it almost daily, except when I'm playing 'forester' :-badteethJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Noticed that I changed the subject -- how do I find the direct "sendfile" URL to the Avsim library? I'm going to send the direct link to a broadband friend and have him download it. While I'm at it I'll include some other heavy uploads for FS2002. I've seen direct links to files on this forum several times and there must be an easy way to obtain them. A simple "copy link address" tends to link to some html page rather than to the zip.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Stearman

>No, I'm not gloating - I heard a few grumbles regarding the >v1.20 download and so far, only a couple of people have >reported success. Is anyone else having any problems with it >or any questions, comments etc? No problems here with the download.I'd like to ask a question, though, before starting to export and compare flightmodels...As I understand things, DC3 v1.00 had a slow, realistic feeling banking rate, but then it had a nasty, unrealistic "roll-back" effect once you left the stick centered. Then, DC3 v1.10 corrected this effect to some extent, but the resulting banking rate was a little too fast. So, which one to choose was merely a matter of personal preference.That given, what's the flightmodel used in v1.20?Thanks in advance, best regards.

Guest jonpoint

Stearman,It has the v1.10 flight model. This means you have to 'push it' a bit on the rollback. As you mention though, once you start banking hard, it sort of 'gyros' and keeps going. If you're close to the ground, you may hit it. Apparently, DC3s tend to lose altitude quickly during sharp turns. This may need clarification but a number of pilots have commented that they do feel very heavy once you get them on a sharp bank. Any DC3 pilots for comment? It certainly feels that way as a passenger :-eekIf you prefer, you can always apply the v1.0 physics. There's a download in the library.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

I just got my third download of this file and it crashed as usual. However, I just found a clue to the problem. It's NOT the aircraft per se but the combination of the latest DC3 and Coupeville Nolf! Since I tend to start out at this airport I never thought of it. What could be the problem? I have used Agtim's elevation fix for Coupeville, to avoid that piece of dirt in the middle of the runway. Otherwise there's certainly a package covering this airfield. Please try to launch a flight from Coupeville and check what happens! If the plane's allergic to this airport 1) in general, 2) with the elevation fix or 3) with certain packages it would be nice to learn what causes this. I almost forgot -- the aircraft looks great! :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Hans Petter,HMMMM! Interesting. Maybe Ansgar can shed some light on this. I am not actually using Chris's Coupville but my own. I noticed a weird problem with Chris's Sequim Valley too but again, I already have one that I've put too much time into to waste :-) The problem used to occur after takeoff, about 5 miles East. FU3 would just lock up. Dunno what it is, got all the models & stuff. Thought it may have been a problem with another of my packages. Put my original one back and it doesn't lock up.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************