Sign in to follow this  
Dondo

Thought this was sort of interesting...

Remember the Janes Attack Squadron sim? Xiact bought it and "finished" it I guess. Well, seems Xicat is pulling the guns out at releasing this:http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/prod...sp?pf_id=229095Now, somehow, I thought Flight Unlimited fits in here somewhere. Wasn't Looking Glass working on a combat sim? Was Attack Squadron it? I guess whatever it is Xicat is doing would be considered Flight Unlimited cousin, twice removed... ;)Pieter

Guest twsimfan

Pieter,Hmmmmm... very interesting. Hope it will be a good one! :)

Guest juvat2

Hi Pieter,Yes, LG had a WW2 combat sim in the works, when they closed down, Xicat got the rights to finish and publish it and hired Maddoc. Maddoc finished the sim, having on-board some of the old LG team. Xicat published it as Janes Attack Squadron, MArch '02. I think its an outstanding sim myself. Many, many others will dis-agree over at Simhq I think. Its runs quite well on my pc(win98, v5-5500pci, Dx8a). For many others, they are having an impossible time to get it to load or run. Common denominator it seems for them is Win XP, Dx 8.1, Gforce cards, and dual controller set-ups (yoke 'n pedals).Here's a shot over the Swiss Alps I think it is.Take Care,Jim B.

Pieter,I have sent an e-mail to Shaun McDermott at Mad Doc Software regarding this, just in case they have anything to do with this product. I will let you know what his response reveals (if anything).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Interesting indeed. Even if it has nothing to do with FU, a new civilian flightsim is always welcome, IMO. But why is it selling for only $19.99? Are they not planning on making it a full-blown sim?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Maybe it's a Flight Unlimited 3 scenery disk of the Boston area that LGS were considering............or maybe even Hawaii ?Dream, dream, dream............Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

*bump*Any news on this?It sais "Pre-Order: Ships on 03/04/2003" on the site.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP