Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Tree 'key' for my new models

Guest jonpoint

My apologies. The textfile table fell apart after uploading, making interpretation difficult :-( Please refer to the document attached.Again, sorry for uploading garbage!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

"making interpretation difficult"No, Its simpl and eszy.Never mined about the fany grid typ boxes.You got the information right, thats the mane thing.You got it right the second time too, I chect em.To be shoower to be shoower, as the irish would say.Extreemly well thort out.Simpl and efectiv.Thanks jon point, glidernut.

Guest jonpoint

Glidernut,When I first looked at it (on my office PC) the tabs had gone crazy and it looked like garbage "making interpretation difficult" :-(When I later viewed it from home to test the download, it looked fine which proves I shouldn't have panicked. I'd already done the spreadsheet though so I thought 'what the heck...'I had you in mind when selecting a lot of these. I thought we needed some different conifers for the mountains :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

For the first time I just made a successful Fled package. I just put a grove of trees on a peninsula close to Coupeville Nolf but it worked!Never mind the legend -- when I select a tree Fled shows it. If it doesn't look right I just move on to the next one.Questions:What would happen if I tried to plant thousands of trees over a big area and place it all in one single package? The mountains are beautiful and could certainly need some trees -- some trees where we don't plan to land that is. Most packages focus on planting trees close to runways. Evidently, that's a good way to see them but often they get in the way. Real airports may have dense forests in the vicinity of the field but they'd chop down anything blocking the runway. Thick groves along the runway would be fine, framerates permitting. It seems that the framerates stay fine unless you move really close, thus my idea of some forests in the mountains.How about the outer terrain? It would be nice to be able to plant trees to add a touch to those boring generic textures. But then, Fled wants a hi-res region and I see no way to move Fled into "outer".best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Hans Petter,I have tried putting a few little forests on the mountains and it seems OK, doesn't cut the framerate too much. I put a heap of conifers (all random) on the ridges each side of Ranger and down the hillsides. Hillsides are a problem 'coz you need too many trees! Ridgetops are good though and you can get a great effect by just having a few straggly bunches of trees here and there. Looks great as you pass over the ridge before dropping into the valley :-)I was considering making a couple of 'forest' models. 20-30 trees in a 'bunch' to make foresting easier! I think Rob D is doing something like this too?Regarding outer terrain, I once found a little valley south of Mt Rainier in OT to do some package experimentation. Since the recent flurry of modelling, I've been using it to test all the new models out. It's become so busy, from ground level it looks like inner terrain! Still get 11fps with sliders on 100% and lots of weather. See the 'small adventure' repost or the 'real world aircraft photos' in the forum for example.BTW, I have a few new models coming this week:a. 2 carparks, one with lines and a bus parking bay (!?!!)b. 3 motorcycles, a Duke996 in yellow and red and a Husqvarna 360 dirtbike!c. A motocross track complete with bikes going around, a PA calling the race and a soundtrack recorded from a local track! The bikes even jump!I am getting carried away aren't I?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************