Sign in to follow this  

Seattle and San Francisco 2002

I finally got my HD upgraded to a huge 80GB, but I've run into some problems with getting FLU III back up to date. I tried to install the Seattle and San Francisco 2002 files, which include almost all of the scenery packages I need, but my computer keeps crashing. I first tried to install everything at once, but when I tried to go to the map and select an airport the game kicked me back to the desktop. Luckily I backed everything up before proceeding. Next I tried to install each package a few at a time and then run FLUIII to see if it would work, but at 38 it crashed. I know there was some talk of a maximum number of airport icons, but these patches apparently work for others. Flight Unlimited is nowhere near as good without all of the wonderful scenery add-ons I just can't seem to get them to work.Puzzled???Adam

Guest jonpoint

Adam,I had the same problem :-( I did a fresh install, added the 2002 packages and.. :-newburnI then removed a couple of OT airports I don't use and voila! The maximum number allowed I think is 75. If you change your mind, delete some inner airports and replace the OT ones. It seems to work for me.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

I don't know if there is a maximum limit of packages - I have 99 in my directory at present with no problems. But you do get crashes when packages overlap. I suggest you make a TEMP directory, MOVE thepackages one at a time into the TEMP until it works again, and try and isolate the package causing the crash. You can then continue installing other packages, a few at a time, checking the system is stable and uninstalling any that cause crashes. I think we've all had to do this at times.Regards,Robert D.

Adam,Something that Jon mentioned got me thinking. I obviously have SanFran 2002 and Seattle 2002 installed, and I don't have any problems. However, I also don't have any outer terrain scenery installed, since I am only interested in the high resolution satellite mapped terrain. Maybe this is why some people are having certain problems with my packages.You're right about one thing though. These two packs should provide nearly everything that you need. ;)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

SUCCESS!:-beerchugI tried isolating the packages causing the problem and out of all 62 packages in Seattle 2002 only 4 cause my computer to crash. These were. 1.Moss Field2.Pacemaker LZ3.Port Orchard4.Sorrell Airpark Now on to installing San Francisco 2002. Thank you very much,Adam

Adam,Someone from France has e-mailed me recently with the same problem. What I can't understand is why these four packages cause you so much trouble, when they clearly work fine for me !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png