Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLM

Piper Malibu Mirage v0.9

Guest DLM

I have finished version 0.9 of the Malibu :-)You can get it from Unlimited Design.If you don

It's finally out, I've been waiting a long time for it. It's great to see people so devoted to a sim that

Guest R_Driscoll

This is great news - I love the Malibu - it seems to cope withrougher weather than the little lightweights!

I got the Malibu as well as the latest Learjet. They both look great! I'll spend some time flying the Malibu. Being a "sim rated" Baron pilot helps a lot in handling this aircraft. It might be interesting to learn how the Malibu flight dynamics differ from the Baron.One minor thing on the Learjet -- the right back quarter view shows a brown seat and the back view shows all black seating. It might be an idea to repaint the brown seat and make them all match. best regards,Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

I flew the Malibu a bit last night (in rough weather), and here's some more feedback on it:- It doesn't seems to climb as fast as the first Malibu- The parking brakes are labelled Park Break. I didn't touch it. I don't want to break anything.- The external view is much better - the detail is great,a dn the little Oasis insignia well done. The new cockpit is great too, especially the work you have done on night lighting.- I couldn't find the autopilot Ascend/Descend switch.- the black/white hatching on the altitude gauge doesn't disappear at 10,000 ft. Maybe this can't be done?- there is a switch labelled AC, which I assumed meant Air conditioning. When I switched it on, it had no effect. My computer room stayed cold.- What is Ground Clear ON/OFF? - I like the consistency with 45 deg view changes - good overlap.- I like the smooth texturing on flap / elevator leading edges - anice touch.Congrats again on a fine sim. I'm definitely running out of hangars.

Guest DLM

Hans Petter,The Malibu flight dynamics differ quite a bit from the Baron.To start with it is based on the Mooney Bravo flight dynamics which is apart from the Beechjet the most special flight dynamics to work with. The original FU2 "carry over" aircrafts are all very similar in their flight dynamic structure (all values differ greatly of course). If there is anything specific you would like to know i would gladly give you that information :-)The reason for the brown/black seats is simple, i haven

Guest R_Driscoll

I don't have a regular FBO. Don't let FAA know but I'm a fly-by-nighter. Currently I reside either at Grays AAF or McChord, since that's where I do all my object testing. But my heart lies in SkyHarbour ...