Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

UK - Big square finished !!!!!

Guest Quaxo

Hello,I just finished the last 6 megatiles of my 13th block. Now the region (or better, the London part of the region) is regular in shape. It's a square of 11x11 megatiles, that is 176x176 Km!!! (the scenery is now 3.07 Gb in size). Whew...Cristian

Why it is so big ? SF/Seattle are as big as your London and they are less then 1 GB.B.Adamski

Guest Quaxo

Hi Bogdan,First of all, this region is much bigger than Seattle and San Francisco: I currently have 145 megatiles, while Seattle has 100, and SF only 83. Plus, Seattle and SF use "compressed" megatiles, while we use uncompressed (we can achieve much better results this way, just compare this scenery with the Switzerland region)... This way, a megatile needs 21 Mb of HD space, while in compressed format, it takes about 8 Mb (more or less, I'm not sure).Cristian

Hi CristianIs this UK scenery complete or still word in progress?thanksShelton.

Guest Quaxo

Hi Shelton,It is still work in progress. There are very few people working at it, and there is so much work to do... Anyway, it's already usable. I currently only fly in UK :) !Cristian

Where do I get this file? In the library?ThanksShelton.

I join Shelton in his highly important question. Seems nicer than getting SE UK from Just Flight.Lior

Guest Quaxo

It seems nicer only because it's based on FU3 instead of FS2K2 :) ! (no flames please...)Anyway as for your question: NO, it can't be downloaded. It's already over 4 Gb so in no way we can upload it. You must get it on CD's... I already have 6 CD's full of data. Email me if you need further details...Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Hello Cristian,I just received the london scenery as CD

Thanks for the feedback, Ansgar. The scenery as seen in the shots is outstanding. Many thanks to Andre and Cristian for all their efforts.

I've got a 80 GB drive now, meaning that I can install and keep anything that's worthwhile keeping. As soon as the England region is more or less finished I'd appreciate a copy :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Beautiful scenery!The colour and detail are excellent.The two planes are very nice too - congrats again to those who worked on the DC3, and can you remind me, Ansgar, who developed that staggeringly beautiful Lufthansa B747?

Guest Ansgar

Hi Robert,for sure I remember you and I

Cristian,When the southern UK scenery is complete (including that eastern section that you don't currently have data for), and the terrain elevation has been successfully implemented........then I would be interested in the multiple CD's. I agree that it would be great to start building some airports in this new scenery region, but I would like a complete regional area before I consider this.By the way, does the UK region use terrain "mirroring" ? You are probably well aware that I don't use the outer terrain scenery, and the rather stark contrast between high and low resolution scenery does not appeal to me :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Hi Chris,I don't know when the missing area will be ready. I can't download data with my 56K connection, and I'm still searching for a volunteer with ADSL. As soon as I get the data, I can make megatiles pretty fast...As for elevation, Andr