Sign in to follow this  

F/U 3 re-install problem

Hey folks, I have had F/U 3 on my system for quite some time. My system crashed at one point and I had to use the system restore CD to start all over. I tried to re-install F/U 3 and it began to install, told me I didn't have enough memory (which is bunk) and then froze up. I had to manually eject the disk and tried to start again, but now when I put the install CD in, it comes up with menue choices play, uninstall etc..no matter which icon I click on, it does nothing. I have also tried it in the DVD drive and same thing. I am running Win ME (BIG MISTAKE) AMD 1.2 GHz, 256 SD RAM, 60 Gig hard drive with plenty of space. I have checked the windows folder and made sure the folder for it is no longer and also tried add remove and it soes not show up there either. I need somehow to get it out of the system completely so I can re-install. Any ideas? Thanks!

Guest Quaxo

Here's an idea... I'm not sure if this will work, but you can try.Open the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe) and search for every key related to FU3 (try doing a search for "unlimited"), then look carefully each found key: if it is related to FU3, just delete it. Be careful though: the Windows registry is delicate and very important :) ! When you're done, close regedit: now windows shouldn't know anything about FU3 anymore...If you have problems finding the right registry keys, tell me and I'll try to give you a complete list.Cheers,Cristian

When I have a major problem with Windows, there is only one option. I format the hard disk, and then re-install everything. This may seem like a drastic course of action, but it is the most likely solution to your problem.By the way, I use Windows ME and I hardly ever have any problems.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hey Cristian,Thanks for the idea. I am scared to death about fooloing around with the registry. If you can give SAFE insrtuctions on how to do the below, I would appreciate it!Dan>Here's an idea... I'm not sure if this will work, but you >can try. >Open the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe) and search >for every key related to FU3 (try doing a search for >"unlimited"), then look carefully each found key: if it is >related to FU3, just delete it. Be careful though: the >Windows registry is delicate and very important :) ! When >you're done, close regedit: now windows shouldn't know >anything about FU3 anymore... >If you have problems finding the right registry keys, tell >me and I'll try to give you a complete list. >>Cheers, >Cristian

Guest Quaxo

Hi Dan, here's what you can try.Run the regedit.exe program, located in the Windows folder.Here's the keys I found:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareLooking Glass Studios - Delete the whole folder.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionUninstallFlightIIIDeInstallKey - Delete the whole folder.There are other keys too, but they are only for the Start menu. You don't need to delete them, you can remove the Flight Unlimited entry in the start menu later.Tell me if you don't know how to use RegEdit...Cheers,Cristian

Guest jonpoint

Drastic? I'll say :-lolNext time you get a paint chip at the supermarket carpark, are you going to strip your whole car completely?Sorry, but if you do that then you lose the ability to find out why there's a problem. I never believe that anything's fixed until you know what went wrong. But then I'm an engineer...The other side is, if someone DOES work out what the cause is, they can tell us and we can all avoid it :-)Most of what I have learned on this forum is from someone else taking the time to find out WHY...Have fun,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************