Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Traffic advisory problems

I am still having problems with traffic advisories. In short, half of them are missing ! Can anyone here tell me if every airfield is supposed to be included in the list, or only the UNICOM and tower controlled airports ? If the latter is correct, then the following are still missing from my list:-Borges-ClarksburgByronConcord-BuchananDavis Woodland WintersSonoma SkyparkSonoma ValleyAlso, when I change the AIRPORT NAME of Travis Aero Club in FLED from "Travis" to "123.650" (the UNICOM frequency), then University also disappears from the list !Help ?!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't think all airfield are supposed to be in the list, but most, including tower controlled airports. Only the biggest airports like San Fran Intl. and possibly OAK should be missing from the list, to get in there you must use vectors direct or ILS.I also noticed that a few airports were missing from the list after installing your packages. I'd appreciate if you'd put them back :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I would love to put them back Jimmi, if only I knew how !By the way, most of the large airports are in the list (including SanFran and Oakland).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't know how to restore them but some of them are available by pressing numbers that aren't on the list. If you see only 3 airports on the list for example press 4 key and you'll see another airport.B.Adamski

Guest Motormouse

Capt Rolo got this one figured out,I think its to do with a maximum number of airfields permitted,thus if you use lots of airports starting with for example letter 'A',then later on the airports are dropped off the list in alphabetical order,you might lose all of the airports from 'T' onwards.Maybe Ralph (Rolo) will turn up and explain more...:-):-wavePete

Guest jonpoint

Folks,What we really need is a definitive listing of all Unicom and other radio frequencies. I have tried do this on my own PC but, I have removed some airports (and packages) here and there for framerate's sake. Therefore I do not have everything! 1. Does someone have a 'virginal' FU3 with both regions installed to check? 2. Anyone got a list of NDB's?3. Also, I wanted to know if Chris' airports/packages include the OT ATC controller fixes by Markus? Not happening to use OT may be a clue. Ever since I installed Chris' sets, I've lost some frequencies in OT :-(Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

I have NDB and VORs from FS02 for almost entire ot terrain.B.Adamski

Jon,I have just uploaded an update to SanFran 2002 that removes the AI planes from most of the airfields where I had added them. The exceptions are Spezia and Scotts Valley, since extensive testing revealed that I could still keep these !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you are still interested here is a list of all the Traffic Advisories in the San Fran area from a new clean FU3 install with no modifications done.1 A-LAlamedaBuchananByronBorges-ClarkesburgDavis Woodland WintersGnossHaywoodHalfmoon BayLivermore2 M-RMoffetNut TreeNapaPalo AltoPetalumaVirgil O'ParrettReid HillviewRio Vista3 S-USanta RosaSan CarlosSacramentoSouth CountySonoma Sky ParkSonoma ValleyUniversity.Hope it helpsPeter.

Peter,That's very interesting. It appears that the large airports aren't on the list (San Jose, Oakland, Travis AFB, and San Francisco.It is possible that making certain modifications to the AI planes at these airports might add them to the list. I have actually done this with all four of these airports, but curiously Oakland is still missing from the list. Maybe it has something to do with the complex airspace around this location.By the way, I am testing Seattle 2002 also, and I will probably be uploading a small package that sorts any problems here pretty soon.Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. It seems that adding AI planes at Coupeville NOLF hasn't done any damage to the traffic advisory lists, so it must be Diamond Point and Apex Airpark that are to blame. When I have arrived at a solution, I will let you know.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png