Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

New models, airports, scenery package

Guest jonpoint

Hi Folks!I've just uploaded some new models for FU3, to further extend your creative capabilities :-)I've also uploaded an OT scenery package with two airports. This place is where I test my FU3 models and try different effects.Oh yeah - I also uploaded some screenshots in the screenshots forum too! It seems a few people's minds needed jogging as to how good this sim is :-hahFollowing are some screenshots of one of the airports in the package. Please remember, this IS OT :-eekThere's lots of potential left in 'er yet :-beerchugJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Congratulations Jon!! Hey, it looks great. I will take it home tonight and try and find "Clare's Valley". As they say in the army, if it moves, model it, if it stands still, model it (I was never in the army - I might have this slightly wrong). Landscaping is getting easier every day! I look forward to some time just to touch up some of my favourite airports with the new models. I think most people now have the packages they want for their favourite locations and enjoy modifying them to their own tastes. I suspect the number of people wanting new versions of existing packages is now quite small, so we should be developing new areas or simply producing models to be added to existing packages using FLED as people want.That's what I plan to do more of myself - rewrite my favourite places into more detailed packages - with little effect on framerates! I think we have a good stock of models, with a steady trickle of new ones to keep it interesting. My goal is realism - if its there in the real thing, I would like to add it - if its not I don't.This all brings FU3 to a new level, at least near ground where the 4m pixellation and flat terrain is a limit - I like places to look more vertical when I'm on the ground, not flat.I am happy to release any packages I might redo, but suspect most people will be more interested in using FLED to upgrade their own packages. This is far better - less danger of conflict with existing packages or previous package writers! If you STILL haven't used FLED, get out there and start using it! Its SO EASY!!Anyway, I'm rambling on again. Congrats on a beautiful package Jon and I look forward to installing it tonight.Robert D.