Sign in to follow this  

HELP IN AIRCRAFTS MODELLING!

Ciao to FUIII comunity,I am a 3d modeller and I maked several planes for FLYII and FS sims.Here you can see some of my works:http://avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/jet...n/citation.htmlhttp://avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/jet...500/737500.htmlhttp://avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/jet/md/md.htmlI'd like to do some models for FUIII also because I think this sim merit to have more planes like other sims.Is there someone who can explain me the process and tell me the tools I need to import the models in FUIII?Many thanks and I hope to receive your help :-)sportdesign@libero.it

I like this "long vehicale" MD88. I don't know, but you probably need Cockpit Designer.B.Adamski

Giorgio,I am overjoyed that you would like to develop some flyable planes for FU3. You are right, It would be nice to have a greater variety of aircraft to fly, and the screenshots that you have posted show some very tasty models indeed !Are you open to suggestions regarding which aircraft to develop ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Now I finished an Eurofighter Typhoon for FLYII you can see it in avsim Fly forum (near to FU forum :-) ) and I thought not bad to see it in FUIII. Really I don't know yet the limits fot the models in FUIII but Id like to try and test if is possible to do a detailled model like the other sims I know. I have FUIII from the first release and today, I think it continues to be a very nice sim. It needs of some tunings but it is a beautiful sim.I know the marked killed FUIII as FLYII but I think, for enthusiasts, these titles cannot to die :-)From this idea my interest to develop a new plane for FUIII.Now I don't know what is the max polys number that FUIII accept, but I'll try to do something.A dear regard from ItalyGiorgio Gnesda

Giorgio,There are several aircraft builders that visit this forum, and they are the ones who will be able to help you here. Ansgar Avermeyer developed and released a great looking Boeing 747-400 and Douglas DC-3, and others have designed a Piper Malibu Mirage, Beechcraft KingAir 350, Learjet 45 etc.I have always wanted to be able to fly a Bae Jetstream 41 in FU3. This was the plane that I liked to fly in MSFS, but I have never really got to grips with Microsoft's Flight Simulator in any serious way. It would be nice to fly this around San Francisco and Seattle.To be honest, I would love to be able to design and build an aircraft myself. However, I am unlikely to have the necessary software, or the talent !Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Dear Friends,I read the "F3 Uwhite paper" document from looking glass where I've understood the process to inport a model in FUIII.Also I read it's possible to import a very low poligons models, so it's impossible to have a detailled plane, and I dislike very much because I'd like very much to see a very nice plane to fly in FUIII. But for modellers, there are limits to detail and the planes we can find for this sim show as where is possible to arrive to 3d modelling.Maybe I will try to think to a right model to do for FUIII.A dear regardGiorgio Gnesda

Guest jonpoint

Giorgio,Yes, there are major limits on polygons however we can still do good stuff here. Remember that most of the time you are IN the plane and are more concerned with HOW IT FLIES! This is the beauty of FU3 - it's great to fly. Not great if you want to know the status of wing de-icer #17 - that's MSFS stuff. Nope, if you want to look out the window and see the weather (and some sort of believeable reality below) and FEEL yourself flying through it, FU3's a sim for you :-hahSee my screenshots in the screenshots forum.Ansgar Avermeyer's wonderful 747 and DC3 represent the limit of what can be done visually, except for some tricks in the texture department. When I released my upgrade to the DC3, much of the difference was small internal details. The flying experience however has been much improved.We all have our favourite aircraft we'd like, the DC3 was one. Others are: F27, Saab 340, a 737-800 for interstate and a B200 KingAir for the 'business' plane/air ambulance! Just some ideas... :-)Please email Ansgar (through the forum) and talk with him about this. We look forward to seeing your new creations :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest juvat2

I think aLockheed Electra would look quite nice on the ramp beside the DC3. It'd be a fun thing to fly I imagine.Do I remember correctly that the polygon limit is 800ish?In the Avsim Flight Unlimited library are FU3 White Papers and FU3Plane1.Jim B.

The polygon limit is about 2000, as Ansgar said time ago according to B 747. It was anough to build B747, so other planes may be created too.B.Adamski

Hi B.Adamski,this is a nice new, but I read from White paper document polys number is 800. Anyway I believe and hope in your words.thank you for this information.Dear regardsGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

Giorgio, you are a prince for volunteering. We have been patiently waiting for someone to finish this Gee Bee R-2 that we have over here. It needs to be rounded off, and painted red & white.It doesn't fly too badly, but has severe RIGHT torque, and the 4 bladed prop must go. Can you help us ?

Guest jonpoint

Jim,I've downloaded the old GeeBee package from Markus - I want to texture this thing and put the scariest-sounding engine in it I can find :-)Please send me any pix you can, including cockpits. In fact, any specs at all would help! My GeeBee knowledge is near zero - I've always liked them though. I built a 1/16 scale RC model once but it flew like crap - needed MUCH more power than my little diesel had - landings were always at full power or it just fell out of the sky like a stone :-eek I broke the gear on every landing :-fumeI think the torque is normal(!!?!) for an engine with small wings!I will look into the other bits as well. I haven't mastered the art of 3ds yet but maybe with Giorgio's skills (I assume he has some 3D software) we can get 'er finished. I can't think of anything more fun right now than barrelling down the Skykomish valley with the stubby wings polishing themselves on the trees :-kewlI want to keep it basic with few instruments - maybe a radio! I even have a nice 'turned aluminium' texture I want to try on the panel. I know you've been waiting for a while for this. Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Excellent Jon. I will email you some stuff, a little at a time. Your idea of a turned aluminum panel is a good one. Nice touch. The Markus model flies nice, but torques in the wrong direction ! Right, instead of left. And then there is the mysterious 4 bladed prop ? ? ?I also fly R/C, and am presently working on by 5th Gee Bee, a model "Z". It's 33% scale size, with a 85" wing span.The enclosed picture is a much smaller one.

Guest jonpoint

Awwww, Jim!That's a wee ripper! About the same size but looks sooooo much better than mine (from what I remember-it hit a tree at high speed-even mashed the crankcase :-( That was the end of my RC days too - a newborn daughter fixed that). I never got far with the wheel spats 'coz i kept on smashing the gear. The kit came with pre-cut plywood parts for the gear which, as I've mentioned earlier, disintegrated every time I hit the ground (landed!).I'll have to sort the prop out, I was reading the white papers regarding props and they kinda fob you off to 'the engineer', whoever that is. I'm determined to do it though 'coz I want to investigate some proper prop textures if I can. Many older aircraft had composite blades and it would be nice to show these. I'd also like to be able to put decals on them too but we'll see!I've got the flight model OK so I'm going to ask Ansgar if he can help me a little with it. Meanwhile, I'll wait for the info. You can use my business email (jonp@tps.net.au) if you'd prefer as there's no limitations on filesize.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************