Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

FU3 screenshots

Guest jonpoint

Folks,Here's a few OT shots of around Clare's Valley. I have also posted some 'weather' shots in the screenshots forum which have attracted a couple of comments - thought you may like to see them (forums 11408 & 11443).Meanwhile, here's the OT shots:Over the valley, heading SE towards The Dalles. Yellow moon, yellow moon, yellow moon?http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dacffd330509e28.jpg0jdp - 182 ready for takeoff...http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dad002c32a1b6a3.jpg0jdp - Looking back, just after takeoff.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dad0064352dc124.jpgCVA - Looking back, just after takeoff.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dad00b0379aaa4e.jpgCVA - Final at sunsethttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dad00e93954d7e6.jpgI hope you enjoy these :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I don't have the outer terrain scenery installed, so I can't fly to Clare's Valley. However, I have been thinking about downloading some of the existing packages that have been developed for the Seattle high resolution area. In fact, I am also considering creating a few fictional packages for both high resolution regions.I'm starting to feel like I should be creating again :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. I noticed the trees in your screenshots. Keep planting them, because they make any scenery look much better.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,It's a pity that you don't have OT but then I've only had Sanfran for 6 months and I've hardly explored it at all :-)As I stated in the download textfile, my reasons for choosing an OT site were based on doing repeatable measurements on framerates without influences from local packages and AI. Now I've done this, I can move back to more 'civilised' areas. I didn't create Clare's Valley for uploading - it was just a personal thing that someone suggested I upload to show off the new models - so I did :-)A number of observations regarding modelling appear in my models upload but one thing I note with respect to your packages is that, whilst you love trees (don't we all, that's why I did 54 of 'em), if you put a few further away then you don't get the 'bang' framerate hit when they appear. As long as FU3 is continually drawing models (even a few), there's no big 'freeze' when it suddenly starts doing it. At 6 polygons each, you need quite a few on-screen to slow things down so, by adding a few near the flight path, as you approach the strip the framerate gradually drops as more come into view. Otherwise, you're flying at 40fps then 'bang' - you're down to 15fps - with a big stutter :-(Just an observation :-hahBTW, I am in the process of re-releasing all my tree and other models in the Sanfran palette as I know you prefer that area. Maybe, if we can get some info (pix etc), we could divvy-up some airports and bring Sanfran into a new league :-kewlBTW2, Where's John (Glidernut) in all of this? Maybe he's too busy planting trees on mountains to notice another branch of his glider school opening up (0jdp)?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I have two statements to make here.1. I am well aware that many of my packages have trees packed together near the runway itself. That's because they make the landing approach look fantastic ! Remember, I build these packages for my own selfish pleasure ;)2. Who the hell are you trying to kid talking about framerates of 40 fps ? :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,1. I worked that out - probably the third time I took the wings off the Baron :-lol I love your airports, don't get me wrong - I'm just adding a few more trees further away that's all. I did move a few at Ranger though - the DC3 thing remember? But I didn't delete any...2. Ah, you don't have OT :-) Due to the lack of complex texture and, when away from, or sufficiently above a modelled area, the framerates skyrocket. I know this is a GA sim but I have some nice OT areas that I've (over)done and doing a hop from OT into Seattle at sunset has to be one of the prettiest sights there is! Another one I love (thanks to your influence in getting me onto Sanfran scenery) is a sunset ride down the coast from Arcata into Half Moon bay. I'm sure I could smell the ocean and hear the seagulls last time! My setup is similar to yours I think: Athlon1700+/384MRAM/NvidiaGE2(only an MX though but seriously overclocked) etc. I does do well though. I could do some screenshots to prove the 40fps but you wouldn't see much scenery :-lolI may do a 'generic' tree package for each area that just fills up the parks and defines roads a bit more. I have one on my PC at home and, even though the package covers lots of other package areas it works OK. I also have a 'Seattle nightlife' package which fills the roads up with cars 'n' stuff but it's a bit heavy on the framerates :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************