Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Been simming too long?

Guest jonpoint

Had a funny experience this morning. Left home on foot as usual. 20-30K SE winds - unusually warm. Strange, no AI Beavers this morning - probably blown off-course! Looked up at the sky and saw a strange cloud effect. A large cloud was 'tearing' in two and the gap in the middle was breaking-up in chunks. It kind of looked like...Then I gazed south and saw some distinctive banding. Sorta looked like...I then turned my attention west to see the haze blotting out the cloud details. Reminded me of...OK, enough's enough. Either:1. The 'Man upstairs' has switched to an Nvidia card ( and prefers FSAA).2. The sky banding and other anti-aliasing nasties are actually accurately-modelled real-world effects we just don't normally see.3. I've been simming too long!Glad I wasn't really flying at the time, I may have hit

and gone to make a coffee :-hahBTW, the AI Beavers are real - we have a local operator (Aquatic) who flies through our suburb many times a day - you can tell the wind strength and direction by the route they take and by how much the engine labours. This morning they were waaaay west, slugging into the stiff SE breeze. We call them 'AI' because they operate very regularly, at a much lower altitude than other traffic. Here's another one now... http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dae23622511e8db.jpgActually, I don't know who's it is but I'd like to be THERE :-kewlJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

LOL!I know what you mean. A few years ago I remember driving to work one morning, the previous night having been spent playing Hornet: Korea, with its (then) fantastic visuals.As the sun rose, I clearly recall thinking "Wow, what a realistic sunrise, that looks just like my computer game".You know you spend too much time simming when the sim becomes your benchmark, not reality!Ian

Guest Motormouse

>Glad I wasn't really flying at the time, I may have hit >

and gone to make a coffee :-hah >Jon Point >************************* >(effyouthree@hotmail.com) >************************* Motormouse<====ROFLAt least you didn't try ctrl-alt-p !!:-wavePete