Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Repositioning the "Mini-Panel"

Guest Heather 636

Just thought I'd pass this on for those who weren't aware of it.Most of you are probably already aware of this but for those who aren't, and don't care for their mini-panel at the bottom of the screen, it's an easy fix to move it to the top where I prefer mine.I am currently using the mini-panel redesigned to use the DC-3 gauges but this will also work for any other.Go into FS2002/Aircraft/Default/Panel and, using Notepad, open "panel.cfg."As there may be more than one entry, go to wherever you see:position=7and change 7 to 1This will move your mini-panel to the top of the screen. You can now get a clear view of the runway and still have your gauges in view at the same time.Cheers!Heather

Guest Navigator

Thanks a lot, Heather. I always wanted to have the instruments at the top of the screen, but I thought it was impossible. I am really grateful to you for explaining how to do this.Roland

Guest Heather 636

Really glad it worked for you Roland. :)These forums have been an immense help for me and any time I learn of something interesting or helpful, I try to reciprocate by passing it on.Cheers!Heather

Guest joea

Hi thanks it's great how simple little tips are passed around it here.best

Guest Heather 636

This got looked at a lot. Hope it was good info for a lot of you.Bumping it one more time for those who might have missed it.Cheers!Heather