Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Joystick Configuration - Need Help

Guest Heather 636

Hi again! Bad Weather Heather here.I promise this is my last post in here for today and will cease and desist until something else comes to mind.Of the many things I might be, a computer guru is not one of them.In more than one game or sim, I have often tried to adjust the settings for my joystick but this is often a "hit and miss/trail and eror" application for me in as much as I don't understand the applications.I use a Logitech Wingman Extreme digital joystick.Could somebody please explain to me, in layman's terms, the applications/results of the extremes of "sensitivity" and "null" settings?The sensitivity i will grant is somewhat self-explanatory but WHAT are "null" settings and what do they do?One other thing; there is a little bit of slop in my stick on the pitch axis. Is there any way to open up the stick without serious risk of damaging it and tighten something up to get rid of that. I definitely DO NOT like slop in my yoke.Hehe, sounds like a bad breakfast of eggs doesn't it!Cheers!Heather

Heather,I also have that Logitech stick. The null zone refers to how much "dead" space there is on either side of the stick's neutral setting. For instance, a higher null zone setting means you'll have to move the stick farther to get it to do what you want.As far as the slop on your stick, I've never personally had the guts to go tearing into a piece of equipment like that. Can't help you there. Sorry...Rick

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Rick, appreciate it. I now fully understand what "null" zone means.Now if my "null" zone just wasn't MECHANICAL in nature in regards to pitch, I'd be a happy camper.Cheers!Heather

Heather,Download and install FSUIPC, read the User's guide on joysitcks, and calibrate your joystick with the instructions provided.

Guest Heather 636

Thanks W. SieffertI'll definitely look into that. I've found that I have to do most of my research and tinkering in the morning, by afternoon I'm brain-fried! Cheers!Heather 636