Sign in to follow this  

How to change callsigns?

Howdy sim fliersSay, I just cant seem to leave FU3 alone, you know? Keep coming back to it despite having had MSFS and still using X-Plane a LOT. FU3 has that certain something...However, I digress.... How do you change the call signs? I have the latest Kingair SCh350 which calls itself a baron and ATC calls it a Windhawk - I'd like to fix this so it says "kingair" at least one of the two, and preferably both. One of you talented guys out there must know.RegardsBrian D Ford

Guest jonpoint

Brian,Welcome back to FU3. I know what you mean about the certain something... I noticed your other posts and it appears you're trying to get your hands dirty - very good ;) The most appropriate person to deal with here is Ansgar - I'm sure he'll pop up!There are two issues with the callsign. 1. Search the file library for the 'call sign fix' which, when properly applied, stops ATC from calling you bad names! This was something that early developers missed out on and was released as a 'universal' fix for many planes.2. The callsign itself is stored in the resfile. There are two different 'voices' for each of the 10 pilots and 3 for the ATC. These are near the front of the resfile - you can play them from Resviewer to see what I mean. There is also a hex file containing the callsign displayed on-screen - I cannot edit it without killing it but Ansgar can! If you want to change the callsign completely, you must find what you want in the pilot voice files or make your own (11025Hz, 8bit, mono) by cutting/mixing the existing voices. This is how I did the DC3 and the Archer.If you need help doing the voices I can help. Just let me know what callsign you want. :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Ah ha! Thanks Jon...a bit more involved than I thought - but still its do-able. I might need help with the soundfiles at that - if I used my own voice its all wrong, my australian accent doesnt blend. My wife is American but thats not much help as a lot of the voices are male. All I want is something that says "king air" rather than "baron" or Windhawk". If I had the files i can patch them i methinks, I have resviewer and all thatcheersBrian Ford

Guest jonpoint

Brian,What's wrong with an Aussie accent? It seems that us Aussies have renewed some interest in this sim, even if it's just local! Both Rob Driscoll and myself are from Sydney (Rob's in Mattraville and I'm in Mona Vale) so it's good that if we had an urgent or pressing issue, we could use the phone :-)I want to do an RFDS KingAir 200 (I know the model's a 350 but I'm hoping...) and I was going to do the callsign for that anyway so why don't I just do it and send the files to you with a Resviewer script. I can possibly finish it over the weekend. It says "Beech Victor, Hotel, Mike" at the moment (as in VH-VHM - I chose a fictitious callsign as my friends at RFDS can be a bit superstitious sometimes ;) )Back to the "Aussie" accents, I am about halfway through recording my own pilot voice (seen how many files exist for each voice? - sheesh!) which I was doing for the DC3-G202A (DC3 V1.20) but didn't quite get finished. I am not doing every single file because it's too big a job and also because I only need words that I'm going to use - a lot of the voice files are for standard FU3 aircraft that I don't fly at all eg Windhawk - I only use Barons nowadays, or seem to be reserved for challenges - again, I'll do 'em when we need 'em. To do the whole job, you'd have to replace the same pilot voice in every aircraft :grrAnyway, it's great to see another Aussie gettin' down to tin tacks with FU3. I don't feel alone any more :-beerchugPS Send me your email address so I have somewhere to send stuff to :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************