Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Calling Chris Low...

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Do you know anything of this scenery:www.uk2000scenery.com/publicIs it any good? (No need for a protracted FU vs FS discussion here. :))

Tom,Gary Summons' UK2000 scenery is just about the best airport scenery that you will find for FS2002. He has also just released Part 5, which includes no less than 42 airfields and airports in central and eastern England (including Luton, East Midlands, and Birmingham).In fact, these airports were the only reason that I persevered with FS2002 for so long.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Amazing. I can't believe the detail in the preview shot.We could build each of those models for FU3. But it would take a team of people to do it. It takes me several evenings to do each little model - big models take over a week. Yes, I know I'm slow.Also overtexturing (adding textures over existing default scenery) only seems to work well for flat areas like airports in FU3 - I am trying to solve this problem at present, but without success.I've added some pictures below - these are not in the same class as Gary's work but these are the best I can do. This is for SEATAC airport. The first shows the default scenery, the rest show various stages of adding textures and objects to SEATAC.I think AVSIM's busy - I could only get a few pictures uploaded - itkeeps giving me script errors.One picture (with the radar tower) shows the edge of my texturing - the default concrete is bright white. This is not the true colour ofthe actual airport concrete (I have some actual SEATAC shots for comparison) but is due (I think) to LGS using satellite images - concrete has a high albedo compared to grass etc. I have tried to colour it correctly.This scenery is still being developed and I have spent over a month on it (admittedly doing other things as well ;) ).Jon and I are trying to understand more about flags and special commands in model making - we make slow progress because we both getdistracted by flying and actual making models. And we have to use trial and error which is frustrating slow. Anyway, its fun!Rob D.