Sign in to follow this  
Guest tripod_todd

FS2002 keeps freezing...

i recently downloaded the new set of drivers for the nVIdia TNT2 card, and since then, my fs2002 will run for like a minute then freeze for 3-4 minutes, then play for 5 seconds, then freeze again?i have changed nothing else in the game, just updated video card drivers, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i dont know wut to do?Joseph Gonzalez

Guest SD Sim

The newest drivers may not be best suited for your older card. Revert to the drivers that were working, or download the 23.11 drivers, which should work fine. Remember to uninstall your new drivers using the add/remove control panel.

Guest JonP01

Airtower,As you run a TNT2 card, I would be inclined to use the 12.41 drivers which imo were the best for that line of card. Nvidia has played around with a lot of things in later drivers (eg AGP texture memory management, etc), so I agree with the other poster these later drivers are really best suited to Geforce 3 and 4 cards.

Hi Joseph,I could not agree more with the others, go back to your old drivers. I have noticed in the summer months I do tend to have more lock-ups. I think it is due to the heat...just something to keep in mind. I have my card over-clocked during the winter months, but during the warmer months I need to set the card back to a more non-aggressive speed. Heat really has lots to do with locks-ups. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest tripod_todd

I found it to be to other way around. during the winter, my game would freeze all the time. Now I can fly all day without it freezing on me. Or maybe it's just the Husky is better at that I don't know. I just thought I'd toss that out there.