Sign in to follow this  

Any recommendations on a stick?

I am in the market for a stick - what do u professionals recommend...thanksShelton.

Guest Stearman

>I am in the market for a stick - what do u professionals >recommend... Hi Shelton, if you're actually looking for a stick (not a yoke or wheel), then I think the best ones ever are the CH Flightstick Pro and its derivatives, for reliability, durability and widest support.To be precise, my favourite is the Logic3/Spectravideo "Phantom 2", which uses exactly the same double rotary drum mechanism and config specs as the Flightstick Pro, and adds a much more pleasant and comfortable design, T-shaped throttle lever and, above all, optional USB connectivity.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dc3ee060b54a8e2.jpg http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dc3ee6d0e0f847a.jpg CH Flightstick Pro...........................Phantom 2Hope that helps and doesn't sound too much like an ad or something...Best regards and happy landings.

Guest Staggerwing

I'm not a professional, but I do play one in my sims..I once started looking around for a new stick for when my CH "Flight Stick Pro" needs replacing !It just keeps working and working well. Hard to retire something like that :-)I would like to have an 8 way hat switch though..

Guest Stearman

>I'm not a professional, but I do play one in my sims.. >I once started looking around for a new stick for when my CH >"Flight Stick Pro" needs replacing ! >It just keeps working and working well. Hard to retire >something like that :-) >I would like to have an 8 way hat switch though.. Hi Stag... well, an 8-way hat switch is what you get when connecting the Phantom 2 via USB (which keeps feeling just like a Flightstick Pro for everything else).Be safe,

Guest Staggerwing

Thanks Kadet,:-)I wonder what they will have when my current CH wears out ?BTW, I got around the 8 way for now by using the "Game Commander" voice program to call out the views... works REALLY well when you are making tricky aproaches and are busy using your hands :-)

Tom,What happens when your current CH Flightstick Pro wears out ? The answer is simple. YOU JUST BUY ANOTHER ONE ! The USB version of this fantastic joystick is still available to buy. It isn't cheap, but then the durability is second to none. I have been using one for the past five years, and it hasn't ever let me down.Long live the CH Flightstick Pro :-jumpyChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Shelton,I still use a good ol' CH 'PC Aviator' - must date from the MSFS2 days :-eek The lube turned to glue and I had to strip it and re-lube it but it just won't stop!And my 9YO likes it for NFS :-hahI had a play with the new CH USB yoke but it feels too light and flimsy - the thing flexes like crazy :-( Can't justify spending the money on it, even though it has lotsa switches and better throttle sticks.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************