Sign in to follow this  

Oops....

May be I am not cut out to be a test pilot. You do not want to know how this happenned, believe me.

I would like to know how you get a framerate of 27 fps..........Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Outside views are a lot better than inside...and the weather was clear, which is very important for framerates.Machine is nothing special nowadays. Athlon XP1700+ on "old" PC133 SDRAM based mobo. Radeon 8500 videcard, with full anisotropic filtering and 4xFSAA. FUIII options pretty much maxed out.Ian

My 1.2Ghz Athlon Thunderbird would probably get a framerate of around 17 fps at the same location (and clear skies), with 4xS FSAA, anisotropic filtering (though I still don't believe that this works in FU3), everything set to MAXIMUM, 1024 by 768 resolution, and Laurie Doering's weather upgrades installed.Maybe I should just look forward to a 64bit AMD Clawhammer system upgrade in 2003........:-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Anisotropic filtering definitely works with the Radeon card in FUIII, and the effect is much more noticeable than FSAA.Without aniso, the scenery is shimmers away madly. FSAA on its own does not clear it all up. Aniso on its own is quite flyable, and a useful "tool" if I want to fly in bad weather, when the frame rates can otherwise plunge to single digit numbers!I'm not sure if a screenshot will show the effect, but I'll have a go tonight and see if I can post any meaningful shots.Unfortunately, though, my outgoing V5 was better than the Radeon, but it really didn't cut it with the newer stuff that is coming out...Ian