Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

FU3 does indeed work on W/ME!

Guest twsimfan

Guys,I got FU3 installed on my 3rd try. The install kept getting confused. It also kept telling me I don't have enough disk space... wrong! I have it set up with 6X-FSAA and 16X Anistropic filtering. I turned everying to max... wow that turbulence will get you if you aren't careful! :-eek It looks really great... no panel line with the ATI... I find that on this video card the Seattle pallet looks better than the SF one... but SF is still quite good. With heavy weather over downtown Seattle I'm getting 21-63 fps... but the counter is dancing so fast I can only read it on screen shots. Never a hint of slowdown. I frankly don't believe that my frams are really anywhere near as low as 21... 121 maybe...it might truncate a 3rd digig. Get this... "as low as 21"... time was I would have killed to get 21! I'll get some screen shots up here as soon as I find my ACDSee CD... need to edit & resize. BTW I am getting the same fps with 800X600 as with 1024X768... not the slightest hint of flutter... got to be 121! :)

Guest R_Driscoll

There have been times when I have had to be happy with single digit framerates, double figures was luxury - triple figures unimaginable!I am jealous!

Guest twsimfan

"It is wild... it comes up about as fast as Windows Solitaire... loading the AI zips right through... in about the time it takes to count to 2.

Hi, Tom. Just now I was enjoying a flight from Seatac to Paines, in a weather that I love: an endless, ugly overcast with rain and some wind. Though I have a P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB, GF4 Ti4600, I am getting near downtown Seattle around 16 fps, with 4xS AA and 8x aniso. Plus I'm getting that ugly line across the panel. In the night, lights are not solid clear, but shimmer a bit at a certain distance from the plane.If you have FS2002 set up, could you please let me know how the textures behave with the ATI? Any blurries?Enjoy your setup :)

1024x768 4x AA/Max Anisotropic :(Does FSAA work in FU3 with the Radeon 9700? I read that the Radeon 9700 does not support FSAA in 16bit mode, which is what FU3 uses.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest twsimfan

Naji,Good to hear from you. I'm getting superfast fps in both FU3 & FS02... and no line across the panel. I think FS02 is a little blury by nature... but nothing bad to report there. I need to get some decent scenery for FS02... but need to figure out what is worth the time & trouble.

Guest twsimfan

I get a little bit of stair stepping on the horizon... otherwise all looks fantastic.

Tom,If you are interested in the UK, then Gary Summons' UK2000 airports are superb. You may also be interested in Visual Flight's photographic scenery of the UK. This is basically FU3 like scenery for FS2002, and may well be identical to that used by Cristian for his UK megatiles.I just wish that all of those UK2000 airports could be used in FU3.......... :-fumeChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the feedback, Tom. Re the blurries in FS2002, I just solved them a couple of days back, and now I'm flying again in fantastic textures. It had to do with the Aniso Optimize settings in RivaTuner.One way to catch decent freeware scenery is to check out the mini-review listings by Bear:http://www.avsim.com/pages/top5.htmAnd if you are tempted to fly the bush, you know where to go :)

I would still like to know how to get anisotropic filtering to work in FU3, because it clearly doesn't at the moment. The textures still look blurred in the distance. I currently have anisotropic filtering set to maximum using RivaTuner, and it works with other games, because I could see the obvious improvement in Jedi Knight 2.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Thanks for the info. I ordered the RealScene high-res mesh scenery for the US. I am still looking photo-real stuff to put over that. I am still interested in the UK... one of my former homes... but I'm trying to get the US looking half decent 1st. And I'm getting my racing sims setup as well. A lot of work goes into getting a new system up and going... but fun work to be sure! ;-) I see my Tide Ford repaint got a mention on the front page of AVSIM. That was my 1st attempt at using PSP... never had it on earlier systems. When I do try the UK I think I'm gonna want some good mesh to put under that stuff you mentioned. Thanks again for the information. :)

Tom,The Visual Flight photographic scenery comes with its own terrain mesh already included. However, the entire expanse of England is covered in SEVERAL scenery packs........and each pack costs

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,"The Visual Flight photographic scenery comes with its own terrain mesh already included."That would probably cover my needs... how much does that cost?Thanks again! :)

Tom,The terrain mesh is provided for the scenery area covered in each pack, so you would need to pay the full

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, the aniso effect I have succeeded in getting with my GF4 Ti4600 is better in FS2002 than in FU3. In the latter, I still get a little bit of blurries in the distance (not that bad actually), but in FS2002, it is now simply perfect.I got the hints from the following thread at Guru3d.com; read the two posts made by Vyrticl. I hope it gives you some ideas to try. You don't have to put in all the suggestions; just fiddle with what you can undo, and with what you feel might do the trick.http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php...=patch%20script