Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Joykeys?????

Guest twsimfan

Does anyone know where I can find a guide to how to configure joykeys in FU3? My stick is a 2nd generation MS Precision Pro... and great stick if long in the tooth. W/XP doesn't allow me to run my old profile activator... and MS says that they will no longer support these functions for the older sticks... so I have to figure out how to program these buttons.Failing that I may have to end up buying a new stick. Any suggestions? (Keep in mind that I also run racing sims... and use my stick for that as well)

Here's what mine looks like. I've kept the entries that have been edited out by putting a ";" in front of the lines. This works fine in Win 2000 and I would assume that the same goes for Win XP. You'll just have to experiment with the buttons and find out which is which. I think that the main thing is to get trim.best regards,Hans Petter----------------------------;joy_1 toggle_parking_brakes;joy_2 reverse_thrust;joy_3 flaps_up;joy_4 flaps_down ;joy_3 Elevator_Trim_Down;joy_4 Elevator_Trim_Upjoy_1 toggle_parking_brakesjoy_2 Elevator_Trim_Downjoy_3 Elevator_Trim_Upjoy_4 reverse_thrustjoy_5 flaps_upjoy_6 flaps_down ; reassign keys for miracle up and down to allow other use of page up and page down keys- miracle_down= miracle_up; use page up and page dn keys next to key pad for flaps up and down, easier to findpageup flaps_uppagedown flaps_down; uses del key next to keypad to landing gear -- also easier to find than G keydel toggle_landing_gear; use one key to ©ycle radio frequencies rather than Alt-Fc Auto_Tune_Radio; turns off (m) map key cause on my system using 800x600 if I go to map(640x 480)in flight the video goes; haywire and flight must be aborted. Makes me do better job of flight planning so not a bad deal.;Key_m off

Hi Tom,You might want to try my JoyKeys.cfg I uploaded recently. I have the same joy stick... works great for me. I set it up so that the buttons are the same ones used by default for MS Flight Sims...Hope you like it! Its in the Avsim Library.Earl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

Guest twsimfan

Hans,Your config has been helpful. Thanks!Earl,I did download you file and it has also been helpful. :)Everyone,Is there somewhere that I can find a list of the potential joykey commands? Amoung other things I want to be able to quickly change between the F2, F3, & F5 views.

Guest Steffen

Hi Tom,to get a list of all the available commands, open the concole in FU3 by typing ":" and then type "dump_hotkeys ".This will produce your desired list of all commands (and their key bindings) in your FU3 main directory. That list gives you WAY MORE commands than the one you'll get by using "dump_cmds ..." (like documented in the CHALSCRP.DOC on the FU3 CD.The command sequences can then be used in the console, in your joykeys.cfg, or in challenges. For example, "Camera_External" is F5, "Camera_VFR_Cockpit" is F2, and "Camera_IFR_Cockpit" is F2 view.Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest Motormouse

Here you go Tom,this should sort you out;from something I posted last week!Here follows an extract from the 'Readmep.wri' file which comes with the patch needed for Nvidia graphics cards:"You can now bind joytick buttons, joystick hats, and hotkeys to multiple functions using console commands. There are 2 types of multi-function console commands - one type uses the "&&" operator to invoke multiple simultaneous actions, the other type uses the "||" operator to cycle between different functions.Examples:joy_5 console func left_brake_on && func right_brake_onjoy_5_up console func left_brake_off && func right_brake_offjoy_6 console set_model_density 1 || set_model_density 3 || set_model_density 5joy_7 console head_tilt 350 && func camera_vfr_cockpit || head_tilt 0 && func camera_ifr_cockpit || func camera_forward Joystick button 5 now controls both toe brakes, acting like pressing the keypad 0 and keypad dot keys simultaneously.Joystick button 6 sets model density to 1 the first time you press, sets model density to 3 the next time you press it, and sets model density to 5 the third time you press it. The fourth time you press button 6, it will set density back to 1.Joystick button 7 selects the VFR cockpit (F2) with head tilted down 10 degrees the first time it is pressed, selects the IFR cockpit (F3) with no head tilt the second time it is pressed, and selects the forward no-cockpit view (F1) the third time it is pressed."And here is the list of possible functions, and their default keys:STARTDefault Joykey Bindingsx_up Zoom_Out_Donez_up Zoom_In_Donebs Toggle_Auto_Trimtab Activate_Radioenter Repeat_Messageesc Exit_Screenspace Communicate" Toggle_Navigation_Lights' Toggle_Beacon, Left_Rudder. Right_Rudder/ Center_Rudder; Toggle_Anti_Collision_Lights< Rudder_Trim_Left> Rudder_Trim_Right? Rudder_Trim_CenterB Prop_BrakeC Source_Next_CommE Select_EngineF Flaps_UpI Source_SelfL Toggle_Pulse_LightsO Source_Next_Ground_ObjectP Source_Next_PlaneX Increase_Field_Of_ViewZ Decrease_Field_Of_View< Elevator_Trim_Up[bR> Elevator_Trim_Center] Elevator_Trim` Toggle_AntiIcea Autopilot_OnOffb Toggle_Parking_Brakesc Target_Next_Commd Increment_Time_Of_Daye Start_Enginef Flapsg Toggle_Landing_Gearh Toggle_Carb_Heati Target_Selfj Panel_Main_Backlightingk Toggle_Taxi_Lightsl Toggle_Landing_Lightsm Inflight_Mapo Target_Next_Ground_Objectp Target_Next_Planeq PCLr Toggle_Comm_Radios Increment_Time_Of_Yearu Toggle_Right_Landing_Lightw Wax_Moonx Zoom_Outy Toggle_Left_Landing_Lightctrl_D Dump_Crashboxctrl_M Toggle_Modelsctrl_R Toggle_Blackbox_Recordctrl_d Decrement_Time_Of_Dayctrl_e Shutdown_Enginectrl_f Toggle_Frame_Ratectrl_l Toggle_Labelsctrl_p Toggle_Blackbox_Pausectrl_p Pausectrl_s Blackbox_Save_Editctrl_s Decrement_Time_Of_Yearctrl_v Debug_Voice_Logctrl_w Wane_Moonctrl_z Toggle_Zoar_Modealt_enter Full_Screenalt_M Add_Auto_Markeralt_a Autopilot_HoldAltitudealt_d Toggle_PropDomealt_f Auto_Tune_Radioalt_g Maydayalt_h Autopilot_HoldHeadingalt_m Autopilot_ToggleApralt_n Autopilot_ToggleNavalt_o Optionsalt_r Change_Resolutionalt_s Autopilot_HoldAirspeedalt_t Reload_Voice_Timingsalt_v Autopilot_HoldVerticalSpeedalt_w Autopilot_LevelWingsalt_x Quit_Gamealt_y Toggle_YawDamperctrl_alt_A Add_Hoopctrl_alt_G Toggle_Grid_Texturesctrl_alt_H Toggle_Hoop_Statsctrl_alt_T Cycle_Forced_Grid_Texturesctrl_alt_g Start_Grid_Testctrl_alt_p Print_Screenctrl_alt_q QA_Print_Screenkp_8_up Look_Up_Donekp_4_up Look_Left_Donekp_6_up Look_Right_Donekp_2_up Look_Donekp_0_up Left_Brake_Offkp_del_up Right_Brake_Offf1 Camera_Forwardf2 Camera_VFR_Cockpitf3 Camera_IFR_Cockpitf4 Camera_Virtual_Cockpitf5 Camera_Externalf6 Camera_Chasef7 Camera_Spinningf8 Camera_Taxif9 Camera_MTVf10 Camera_RCkp_7 Look_Left_45kp_8 Look_Upkp_9 Look_Right_45kp_4 Look_Leftkp_5 Look_Aheadkp_6 Look_Rightkp_1 Look_Left_135kp_2 Look_Downkp_3 Look_Right_135kp_0 Blackbox_Toggle_User_Controls_Camerakp_0 Left_Brake_Onkp_del Right_Brake_Onf11 Camera_Stillf12 Toggle_Tape_Stripctrl_kp_5 Center_Controlsctrl_f12 Cycle_Active_Tapestripalt_f5 Camera_Inverse_Externalalt_f7 Camera_Abovealt_f12 Show_Taxi_Pathkp_enter Target_Next_Internalkp_* Reverse_Thrustkp_+ Throttle_Increasekp_- Throttle_Decreasekp_/ SpeedBrakesctrl_kp_+ Mixture_Increasectrl_kp_- Mixture_Decreasealt_kp_+ Prop_Deployalt_kp_- Prop_Retractup_up Pitch_Offleft_up Left_Roll_Offright_up Right_Roll_Offdown_up Pitch_Up_Offhome Target_Next_Internal2up Blackbox_Play_Forwardup Pitch_Onpageup Miracle_Upleft Blackbox_Frame_Backwardleft Left_Roll_Onright Blackbox_Frame_Forwardright Right_Roll_Ondown Blackbox_Play_Backwarddown Pitch_Up_Onpagedown Miracleshift_kp_+ Prop_Increaseshift_kp_- Prop_Decreaseshift_up Blackbox_Play_Fastershift_down Blackbox_Play_SlowerENDYou can also make keyboard strokes do more than one operation, or change assignments, in a similar fashion, just start the line inyour joykeys.cfg like so, for EXAMPLE,f11 console func Print_Screenshould get you a screenshot by pushing button 'f11'just once,instead of having to press ctrl+alt+p:-wavePete