Sign in to follow this  

C&H Flightyoke USB

Hi,I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the PROP and MIXTURE controls working in FUIII?While I was able to get the rudder pedals and toe brakes working as well as the buttons on the yoke working I am not able to get the prop and mixture sliders working. The readme file for the FUIII patch does mention something about the slider option (device X 7 or 8) it doesn't seem to work.If anyone can help me on this I would be most appreciative........Thanxs

Sorry I can't help you but I'm very interested in getting that sorted out since there's a CH yoke with my name on it being manufactured some time in the near future. (Actually, I ordered it a month ago and I'm still waiting).However, (that's the the fancy "but") all buttons have number designations. I would assume that these levers count as joystick buttons.If you try to assign functions to the entire array of buttons, including levers, you may find which number they are. Once you have detected them and made them do something or anything we can narrow this down. A seamless control may require a "repeat command", lest it's just on or off.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest CaptRolo

SString: Yes I have it working . In control panel/gaming options/--USB flight yoke ID is #1 USB pro pedals is #2 .Combo driver installed --Here is CFG ------CFG FOR CH YOKEjoy_device 2rudder_device 2 6 throttle_device 2 3prop_pitch_device 2 8mixture_device 2 7toe_brakes_device 1 1 2Prop and pitch work but in reverse . Only way to fix would be to open flight yoke assembly and reverse wires on levers . I haven't found a way to get into it without the possibility of ruining some of the plastic housing .So I'm used to the hand eye cooridination the way it is .CaptRolo

Hi CaprRolo,sorry for the delay in responding and thank you for your response. I did try that but it didn't work for me. But I used Joy_device 1 I will try again with joy_device 1 (my rudder pedals are actually listed first under gaming options)regards...............S

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Hi S,Here's the entry from my flt3.cfg.; joystick setupjoy_device 2toe_brakes_device 1 1 2throttle_device 2 3mixture_device 2 7 prop_pitch_device 2 8 rudder_device 2 6 Note that you'll have to use the "combined" mode (in the CH Setup). Also, the plugs need to be connected before switching on the computer.Hope it helps. I have the levers working, but in reverse as already commented.:-wave

If you get the latest Control Manager program from CH Products, you can create a virtual controller map. It allows you to combine axes from the rudder pedals and yoke and even reverse the sensitivity on them, so you can get the mixture and prop controls to work in the right direction. Once you have defined the controller map you want, you enable it in the Control Manager, exit the program, and then start up FU3.In my setup, the following flt3.cfg lines do the trick:; joystick setupjoy_device 2toe_brakes_device 1 1 2throttle_device 2 6mixture_device 2 4prop_pitch_device 2 5rudder_device 2 3http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_support_usb.htmlGood luck!john

Guest Henri Kauhanen

>If you get the latest Control Manager program from CH >Products, you can create a virtual controller map. It >allows you to combine axes from the rudder pedals and yoke >and even reverse the sensitivity on them, so you can get the >mixture and prop controls to work in the right direction. Hi John, that sounds like worth trying. Thanks!:-wave

Guest Stratus_Fractus

What do you mean you have the combo driver?

A while back, CH Products released what they called a Combo Driver, which allowed you to bind the rudder axis on the USB rudder pedals to the USB yoke. When enabled, the rudder axis would show up as the Z axis on the yoke. That is why the device number for the rudder_device is the same as the yoke in the above flt3.cfg lines.More recently CH Products released the CH Control Manager program. This goes beyond what the combo driver could do. It allows you to build a virtual gaming device using multiple controllers. This is how i get the USB yoke and pedals to work with FU3 now. As i mentioned before, it also allows you to reverse the direction on the prop and mix levers, so they work in the correct sensitivity. The only thing you have to do is remember to enable the device map before you start up FU3.I provided a link to the Control Manager program in an earlier post to this thread. I can probably help you get it going if you want to give it a try.john

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Would you mind sending me your config file so I can use it? PM me first, then I'll give you my email address as you can't send attachments through the default AVSIM forum mailer.Thanks,