Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Paging Mr. Biosca, Daniel Biosca...

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,I finally broke down and bought Fly2 is a shovelware pack with 4 other flight sims for $9.95. I haven't installed it yet. My question is what patches do I need? Also where can I find some good scenery cheap (like free)? I prefer the Seattle/Tacoma area for comparison sake... but if that goes well I might branch out. Any help will be appreciated. :)

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,Forget it... I installed it... ran it... much as I could anyway.... about all I get is a flickering screen... I downloaded/installed over 50MB worth of patches... same deal.

Guest Stearman

>Forget it... I installed it... ran it... much as I could >anyway.... about all I get is a flickering screen... I >downloaded/installed over 50MB worth of patches... same >deal. Sorry to hear that, Tom.I don't use Fly2 anymore simply because two sims (FU3 and FS2002) are enough to me (remember I used Fly2 for some time because it was the only sim available including a Stearman).However, it definitely deserves a try. We're not talking about XAR or other arcadish games like that, but one of the major titles in the flight sim arena instead. IMHO you should fight for it a bit harder, even if only to have the chance to decide by yourself you don't like having to scroll across the panel to reach a particular switch or instrument.Yours seems to be a simple graphics problem... probably a driver/config issue... come on, don't give up that soon!(Sure it would have helped you hadn't quit your fantastic V5...) :)Read you in the chat, best regards.

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,"However, it definitely deserves a try. We're not talking about XAR or other arcadish games like that, but one of the major titles in the flight sim arena instead. IMHO you should fight for it a bit harder..."As a matter of fact instead of removing it I went over to the Fly General Forum... just after I made that last post here... and posted a plea for help from them. I have had several suggestions... none of which worked. It is beggining to look hopeless... the last suggestion came from Richard Harvey... and it bombed too... if he doesn't know how to fix it then probably nobody does."... even if only to have the chance to decide by yourself you don't like having to scroll across the panel to reach a particular switch or instrument."Yeah... I know... I have Fly2k on my old system."(Sure it would have helped you hadn't quit your fantastic V5...)"I still have it... in my old system. The D: drive is dying on that one but the rest still works. Once I get as much of my old data off the D: drive as possible I'm going to remove that drive. Then I will remove all the stuff off of the C: drive that is up and running on this one... which will free up enough space to put some of the stuff there that doesn't like my new Radeon... like NFS4 (aka NFS-HS)... and apparently Fly2... hope it doesn't need too much CPU power. I will load FU3 to that one as well... it is here... actually it is also there too... but on the dying D: drive. That way I can do some pretty direct comparisons between FU3 on the 9700 Pro & FU3 on the V5! I can tell you now that the V5 renders the horizon better... but the 9700 outdoes it in just about every other department. (Of course having a 2.8GHz processor, 1GB of 1066MHz RDRAM, & a 533MHz MB on this system doesn't hurt. ;-))Oh, you will appreciate this, I haven't been able to run MTM2 (Monster Truck Madness II) properly in nearly 2 years... it runs on my old system but crashes going back to the menu after the race... every time! It gets kind of old doing 1 race and then crashing to desktop so I haven't run it much at all. It runs GREAT on this syste! I have really missed that one... sure nice to have it back. Now I have to find some of the better custom tracks."Read you in the chat"Yes sir, looking forward to it! :-sun1

Guest DLM

"the last suggestion came from Richard Harvey... and it bombed too... if he doesn't know how to fix it then probably nobody does"Tom, who is Richard Harvey? (the name is very familiar to me)// Daniel

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,"who is Richard Harvey"One of the producers/developers of Fly2... perhaps the main one.I still have Fly2 on my system and have figured out how to run it but still haven't learned to like it much. I'll visit it a few more times before I decide to remove it or not.