Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henri Kauhanen

Mount Peakier

Guest Staggerwing

Sorry Hawk I don't know what happened there (I think it came up before though)BUT... I'll bet "GliderNut" will try and fly off of them :-lol

Looks like something out of a fantasy movie, with the peaks sticking up above the clouds and all. Did you fly closer to see if there was a castle up there? :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Henri,That certainly has NOTHING to do with my Seattle 2002 pack !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Hi Chris,I'm sorry; I thought this could be the case since Seattle 2002 is the only package currently installed on my system.But, you must be right. I went to search for it again and didn't find it anymore. Must have been some temporary error (I wonder, though, what exactly... :-hmmm ).:-wave

No need to apologise Henri. Some people do have the odd problem with my packages, even though they work flawlessly on my PC :-) I have no idea what caused your little problem, but I'd bet that it has something to do with Windows !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Hey Henri,Strange, I found the same thing somt time ago! But only once, later it disappeared for me too. I feared my geotiles file was corrupted, but it was right...I found it somewhere north of Mt. Rainer, and it affected only a small area. Maybe it's just a rare "read error" from the hard disk... I was experimenting with haze at that time, so I thought I had changed something I souldn't have, but your photo makes me think it's something like a "random error"...Cristian

Guest Henri Kauhanen

>I have no idea what caused your little problem, >but I'd bet that it has something to do with Windows ! Hehe, yep. Should never forget that 99% of computer problems are Microsoft-related. :) Hawk

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Hi Cristian,Yes, that was the place! A bit north of Mt. Rainier (that's why I call it "Mount Peakier" :) ).So it must be a random error.Thanks,Hawk

Guest jonpoint

Henri,A 'video nasty' if I ever saw one...I have seen some strange things before (like mountains and cliff faces suddenly coming up and hitting you as you fly over them - and 'flying' airports) but this is spectacular :-)What video card do you run? I noticed you have sky banding AND aliasing frigglies. Sorta reminds me of my old TNT card.Thanks for the shot. I've saved it for my 'weird' file :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Quaxo

Jon, I can see the aliasing, (and there are some ugly fog artifacts), but I don't see any banding... I wish I could have a sky like that with FSAA on with my GeForce card! :)Cristian

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Hi guys,It's a GeForce2 MX400 64MB card. There used to be a lot of banding, and I don't know how, but it has disappeared now. I have the 28.32 Detonator driver at the moment, how about you Cristian?Regarding the fog artifacts, well, they are ugly. :) AND, I don't remember seeing those before, so maybe this is a driver issue, too.By the way, what exactly do you mean with "aliasing"?:-wave

aliasing is the jagged edges on the sides of diagonals. Antialiasing is where those bits are filled in with faded out pixels which give the impression that its a straight line.Ben

Guest Quaxo

Hi Henri,Ben has already explained what is aliasing. As for the fog artifacts, I noticed I also get them, if I use "multipass" as haze method. Using "fog", there are no artifacts, and a nice color, but the haze is "blocky" over water. Using "specular", there are no artifacts and no blockiness, but the colors are slightly different. But after all, "specular" might be the best choice.As for my drivers, I currently have 27.70, with a GeForce4 MX440. I have found that forcing the Anisotropic Filtering Level to max, most of the texture shimmering and terrain aliasing is gone; so I currently fly without FSAA on. So I can get much faster frame rates. And smooth sky, and no line in the cockpit :)Cristian

Guest Henri Kauhanen

>Ben has already explained what is aliasing. As for the fog Yep. Thanks, Ben. I don't use any FSAA.>artifacts, I noticed I also get them, if I use "multipass" >as haze method. Using "fog", there are no artifacts, and a >nice color, but the haze is "blocky" over water. Using >"specular", there are no artifacts and no blockiness, but >the colors are slightly different. But after all, "specular" >might be the best choice. Thanks, I'll try and play with the cfg tonight.>As for my drivers, I currently have 27.70, with a GeForce4 >MX440. I have found that forcing the Anisotropic Filtering >Level to max, most of the texture shimmering and terrain >aliasing is gone; so I currently fly without FSAA on. So I >can get much faster frame rates. And smooth sky, and no line >in the cockpit :)Thanks again!:-wave