Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich Wren

Nav Beacons for UK-South region.

Guest Rich Wren

I've uploaded all the beacons that I've placed at present to the file library. This should be a definitive list of all the VOR beacons within the UKS high-resolution region, let me know if you think I've missed one. At present there's only one NDB in place and Gatwick is the only airport with an ILS system (no marker beacons though). I'm planning on getting the NDBs done in a second upload but I don't think its worth adding too many ILS systems until there are some runway models to align them to.Have fun,Rich.

Guest Quaxo

Thanks Rich! :) So it'll be more difficult to get lost there! I'm testing your file right now...Cristian

Guest Rich Wren

During testing of the beacons I tripped over something interesting in the terrain map, I didn't grab a screenshot and promptly lost it again.Until this afternoon that is. Eighteen miles west of Gatwick I found this:flt3aircraft.jpgSee? There are other aircraft in this region :-)

Guest Quaxo

:-lol So you found the first Easter Egg of UK!!! :) I wondered how long it would take for someone to discover it... When I did that tile, I wasn't sure if it was better to leave it there or remove it... I left it, I thought it was fun!Cristian

Guest R_Driscoll

See? here again we have clear proof that aliens landed centuries ago and developed our technology for us. There's a photo showing an exact outline of a plane embedded in the terrain, and we think we're the only intelligence in the galaxy! Incredible. Now where did I put that Erik von Daniken book I was reading ...