Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Coupeville NOLF

I seem to remember someone saying something about a way to "raise" the ground at Coupeville NOLF, so that the runway was completely flat. I have just landed there in the Beechjet after a flight from Pierce County, and I let the plane roll to the end of the runway. This made me realise just how much of a slope there is at the southern section of this airfield.Can anyone help ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Hi Chris, The "Coupeville NOLF" fix was made by Andr

Guest jonpoint

Chris,I looked for it in the library but...Go to www.agtim.ch and look for the 'Coupville fix'HAve fun :-hah*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

OK guys, I have followed Andre's instructions to the letter. Now I will test the NEW Coupeville NOLF to see if this has worked.Fingers crossed !Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. I seem to remember reading that any trees or other objects that were in the area had to be re-positioned. Is this true ?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wow, it worked ! :-jumpyThanks Jon and Cristian (and particularly Andre) for solving one of those annoying little problems in FU3. Now I can switch back to using runway 30 as the active runway (I ticked the ILS box for runway 12 in my FLED modified version, which forced the simulator to use this as the active runway). This was done to stop me from having to use the annoying southern section when flying the Baron, since this could be stopped very quickly on such a big runway. Now I should be able to test fly Ansgar's 747 here :-jumpyThank you Andre for creating your GEOTILES VIEWER utility, and for providing incredibly easy to follow instructions for what I thought would be a difficult task.Well done !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh, and I forgot to mention one more thing. I didn't have a problem with any of my added trees. They were all in their correct positions, and ABOVE GROUND ! :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bogdan,Are you sure that you are following the instructions correctly ? I remember one part of the instructions where the IMPORT button had to be pressed. However, there were TWO of these buttons, and I pressed the WRONG one first ! There was no harm done though, and I realised my error after only a few seconds.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello allGlad to help... it's works if the trees are not too near to the runway.as I remember Kapowsim Fields has the same problem as Coupevillemake the yellow area as small as possible, just around the runway and finally the correct tree position depends on the height value you enter during the import. Without an elevation file e0aaaa.tga in the folder, pushing the wrong import does nothing.there will be an update of GeoTilesViewer usable for elevation design in the next weeks. Have use it for creation of the elevation in the UK-South part Lundy Island and Scilly Islands. And the new version supports automatic imports and creation script for add nodes. Importing the 170 tiles for UK-South was impossible without this upgrade. Do not use the old GeoTileViewer for the 92MB geostiles.tag of UK-South !http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/lundy5.jpg:-wave agtim

I was trying it several times & nothing. If you can, make a screen what buttons I have to press & send me it.B.Adamski

Andre,Kapowsin Field is different, since it doesn't have a runway. At least, it never has in my version of FU3.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png