Sign in to follow this  

Lighthouse

Hi,is there a lighthouse model with night lightening somewhere around?Has someone ever tried to extract the lighthouse from the sfo modelmip?I could just find the lths3.bin and lths3.mip but not the lths2.mip which is required.Any help?ThxTFT

Search for Bogdan Adamski's SEAMODELS.zip file in the FU3 file library. This gives you access to the SanFran region lighthouse model in the Seattle region.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I extracted only 1 model. If you want I can extract 2 left. I have a beautiful lighthouse made by someone, but it has no light at night. The lighthouses in FU2/3 have faint light.B.Adamski

Guest R_Driscoll

Go to Tomi Lehto's website. He describes how to make lighthouses with rotating lights at night - its clever and simple.Imported San Fran lighthouses probably lose their "nightlights" because the palette number is changed - specific palette indices are reserved for night lighting.Rob D.

Well, I wouldn't have known that.........not having flown at night before :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hallo,thanks for your replys. Where can I get this lighthouse. I could try then to add a light.TFT

Hi B.Adamski,I could extract the lths3.bin from sanfrangenmodelmip.tag. But in which file is the lths2.mip, which is feld asking for, hidden?Check also tomi Lethos site.TFT

Open lthsx.bin with notepad to read what mip files it needs. Some models don't use any textures, some of them uses 1, and most uses several files. Then extract them from modelmip.tag exactly as you extracted *.bin file.B. Adamski

Hi Rob,could not find the describtion from Tomi about the rotating lighthouse on his homepage.SincerelyTFT

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Rob,I noticed that bit about reserved palette numbers in the FU3 white paper and had a go at making it work on a 747 skin-job. Despite importing my custom palette into the res file I didn't get any lighting effects at all.Does this night lighting only work with ground-based models?Cheers,Rich.