Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

Recommendations for FU3

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Well just got into FU3 again. Do you guys have any recommendations on good aircraft/scenery files etc?Thanks,

Hello "Stratus"Nice to see you here.a spesific recommondation is in my opinion not possible,-Every person who has made addons for this sim has done a first class job, so there will be just your taste that will make your choise.Just look into the library.- there is not many patches for any uploads and that speaks for it self.Just surf the library (incl. the old forum), and you will find veryinteresting topics and also links to other "prima" FU2/3 sites.Lars Peter.

Guest R_Driscoll

Recommendations? There are so many, I should try and get them organised some day ...1) the patch2) planes: the Goose, GB, 747, DC3, any Steve Hess models, any Hennie van Roosen models, the modified ultralight with the gossammer wings (who did that one - its incredible to fly - I know it was based on Captn Bazza's original model), I love the blimp but it has parking problems, ...3) improved scenery - just search for packages in the AVSIM library. Chris Low has done comprehensive packages for both major regions and there are many other specific areas developed in more detail,4) tools to become involved in developing FU3, such as resviewer, modelview, Tomi's programs, flite5) the weather program - create specific weather where you want6) Markus Brunner's long distance AI for ATCWhat have I missed? Lots, probably - this has been an amazing community.It would be great if these could be collected to one FU3 support site for new/old comers to download, without having to search for specific bits. Enjoy,Rob D.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Thanks Rob, I'll take a look at those. But where do I get the patch?

What I know is that you require the patch if you have an nVidia-based card. It is available in the library here.All the best.

Guest Frank Betts

I still have my library of Flight unlimited scenery's. Amazing according to my download stats how many people are still downloading Flight unlimited items.

Guest twsimfan

Frank,Good to see that you still hang around your old playhouse from time to time. Nice to see you.Your site is looking good. I need to check out some of your files. I have most of your FU3 stuff thanks to Allan Dawson but need to check out your FS02 goodies. Thanks for the link.For those of you newbies out there Frank built this forum. I try to live up to his high standards!

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Filename? I can't find it. :-(

Guest Ansgar

Hello Stratus,it would be helpful if you tell us what you

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Thanks Ansgar, just what I needed. :-) BTW where can I find the "weather program" to create specific weather?Thanks,

Guest R_Driscoll

That comes from Markus Brunnner's site athttp://www.geocities.com/in_04/You can also get his outer terrain ATC from there and other nice stuff. Markus has left this forum - you better grab it while you can as his site may not stay around for ever!Rob D.

Guest Frank Betts

Alright Mr Wunder. I take it your off probation by now as far as being able to handle this ruff tuff site :-lol Yeah I actually pop in here from time to time just nosing around. I will always have those FU items on my site as long as you guys need em' Tom.

Guest R_Driscoll

I don't know about "off probation" - Tom does a brilliant job of keeping the wolf packs apart here - must have been trained by an expert. He puts up with a lot of rubbish from us guys (except me of course). Great to hear from you again Frank - you published my first uploaded packages a few centuries ago - the SkyHarbour and the McChord packages, and you did a lot to stimulate early interest in making packages using FLED. Congrats! Keep dropping back in!

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Thanks Rob. :D