Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Help required with FS2002

I have posted a help request on the MSFS Forum regarding one or two aspects of FS2002, but I am not getting any responses at the present time. Therefore, I would like to know if any FS2002 users here can help me with these problems.1. How can I set up the cockpit views so that I can let go of the joystick hat switch ? For example, I would like to be able to look through the left cockpit window by clicking the joystick hat switch left, but I don't want it to flip back to the forward view when I let go !2. I would like to be able to set up an external view by simply pressing a SINGLE key, rather than cycling through several views. I also want to be able to pan around this view (and up and down) by using the joystick hat switch. How do I do this ?3. How do I activate thrust reversers in FS2002 ?4. Where are the trim controls in the Falcon 50 cockpit (the one by Yannick Lavigne and others) ?5. Are the engine sounds for the Falcon 50 realistic ? Apparently, the standard Learjet sounds are used for this.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Hi Chris I can answer some of these,How do I activate thrust reversers in FS2002 ?With difficulty!! Push and hold down the F1 or F2 button on your keyboardWhere are the trim controls in the Falcon 50 cockpit (the one by Yannick Lavigne and others) ?On the same panel as engine controlsAre the engine sounds for the Falcon 50 realistic ? Apparently, the standard Learjet sounds are used for this.Difficult to explain this, but on most twinjets, (engines at back of fuselage) you don't actually hear much engine noise while in flight,in the cockpit,more just the outside air rushing by.Its because you are somewhat ahead of the engines!!In fact with the EMB 145 (that I'm familiar with) its hard to tell from the cockpit if the engine has even started WITHOUT looking at the instruments.So I would answer this as a yes,they in fact a bit too noisy.:-wavePete

>1. How can I set up the cockpit views so that I can let go >of the joystick hat switch ? For example, I would like to be >able to look through the left cockpit window by clicking the >joystick hat switch left, but I don't want it to flip back >to the forward view when I let go ! >Use the numeral keyboard (4 for left)etc. and hit the shift key. It will stay in this position until you shift again with the hat switch or keyboard. In VC modes, the shift switch will bring you back to center.If trim controls don't show on the main panel, then you can bring up all sub-panels by using "shift 1" ,2,3 and so on. These can also be programmed to joystick/yoke switches. Same for trims, props, mixtures, etc. Sub-panels can also be brought up in VC modes, the same way.BTW--- an excellent freeware aircraft with a nice virtual cockpit is the new "Robin DR400". It's produced by some of the same people that designed the Falcon 50. Get "active camera" to easily move the seat back using the centerwheel of a mouse. And P.S.--- I didn't notice these questions on the MSFS board. Did it get shuffled to the back pages too quickly? With time differences, this can easily happen. Needs to get bumped back to the top. Edit: Now I noticed....... and some of the answers were not the most helpful.L.Adamson

Larry,I was surprised that you didn't answer more quickly ! :-) The post on the MSFS Forum was very easy to find, so I'm not quite sure how you missed it. Anyway, thanks for responding here.With respect to setting up the joystick views so that a click of the hat switch will change the view direction without having to hold it, I am pretty sure that you once told me how to do this. However, you haven't supplied me with this solution. I am not interested in a keyboard solution. I want to do it ENTIRELY with the joystick !As for the Falcon 50, I might not be using this aircraft now. It is undoubtedly a magnificent specimen, but I really need to be using planes that I can be comfortable with in FS2002. I have just downloaded the latest Jetstream 41, and this has a panel that I believe is based on photographs by our very own Motormouse (a complete set of cockpit views would be greatly appreciated Pete) :-)I am also intending to download one of the PROJECT Fokker GMAX models (probably the British Midland Fokker 100), since these would appear to be very interesting. A new panel and virtual cockpit is also being designed for these, and will apparently be released early next year.Finally, I have also downloaded the K2 tanker version of the Vickers VC10. I really like this aircraft, and I intend this to be my standard "heavy" in FS2002. It is a nice model, but the aspect that I am really impressed with is the optional sound file. This is based on Avion Video's CLASSIC WINGS -- VICKERS VC10 video, and the sound of the Rolls Royce Conway engines is FANTASTIC ! It is very LOUD, which is precisely how it should be. You all know that I like my thrust reversers.....and this is going to sound like the MOTHER of all thrust reversers ! :-)Anyway, on with the tweaking ;)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Larry,One more thing. HOW DO I REASSIGN THRUST REVERSERS TO JOYSTICK BUTTON 1 ? A negative response is NOT acceptable ! :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Chris,I provided Tom Woods with a full set of views,plus close ups of instruments and switches etc.I guess he hasn't got round to using them yet!!!:-wavePetePs for a realistic 'twinjet' try one of Nick Botamer's Embraer 145,with Bill Grabowski's EMB 145 panel,you can get the panel from www.fsnordic.netIts right on the numbers as far as possible in a sim,and has features such as TCAS too!(Its good enough for Swiss Airlines formerly Crossair, to use it as a classroom teaching aid)

Pete,Are there any nice Embraer ERJ-135's available for FS2002 ? I would probably be interested in one with the new BMI British Midland colour scheme. I assume that the same panel could also be used with this ?By the way, what the hell is TCAS ?! :-eek You know I don't like messing around with fancy instruments !As a final note, the Falcon 50 isn't a twinjet :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Rich Wren

You're a danger to everything else in the air...Yes including birds ;-)TCAS is the Traffic Collision Avoidance System, basically a display that shows the relative locations of all other air traffic within the vicinity. It's usually coupled with either the VSI as a background display or integrated into the Horizontal Situation Indicator along with Nav info, weather radar and such.If the TCAS system detects that you are on a course that will bring you close to another aircraft it will give you a climb/descend instruction to increase separation. I could go into detail about Mode C and Mode S transponders but that's not really important.

Guest Motormouse

Yes, I think you'll find that Nick Botamer has done one of those too!!Same panel no problem,you can configure the panel for an emb 135,140 or 145 :-):-wavePetePs Oh and one other thing,the TCAS can tell you to do NOTHING,neither climb nor descend :-eek

Use the Contol Assignments dialog to assign "Reduce Thrust" to the joystick button. Analog throttle absolutely HAS to be at AND remain at idle for reverse thrust to work.RobertVAFlightAdventures.com crew

Robert,I haven't seen an assignment for reverse thrust in the keyboard section. How can REDUCE thrust be a control for REVERSE thrust ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png