Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

OK Chris, you want airplanes...

Tom,Did you receive my e-mail regarding the UK VFR photographic scenery for FS2002 ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Hans,You have hit upon the heart of my arguement:"I've set the torque to 60% or so since it's actually being exaggerated by the "hard" setting."I have found that in most sims... flying & racing... the authors have some pet aspect that they tend to over exaggerate. Softening the settings some will in most cases make the sim "feel" more realistic... to me anyway... and for certain make it more enjoyable.Papyrus racing sims are a good example. Long, long ago (in a galaxy far, far, away :-lol), I did some short track stockcar racing... mostly on dirt. Papy sims out of the box over exaggerate the lack of traction. I had better traction on those old dirt tracks than they would have you believe that modern racing cars have on pavement. I have learned how to correct that... to make it "feel" they way I think it should."By the same token, puffy white clouds or "big" weather has nothing to do with the flight dynamics setting."You are correct... I should not have stired weather into the discussion."If you don't use pedals (most simmers don't) you select "auto-coordination" and experience no torque anyway."I don't use pedals but the "auto-coordination" is terrible... never use the stuff. For years I have used a joystick with a twist feature for the "z axis" or rudder. Just recently I have switched to a Saitek X45 twin unit which has rudder control on the throttle quadrant. When I am flying or driving on my computer I like to put my feet up... so much for realism. ;-)I do actually use fairly hard settings in FS & FU... I haven't had turbulence turned on in FU until recently... on my new computer I have enough CPU horsepower to handle it. But I am a firm believer that each user should use whatever settings provide a enjoyable experience for them.Great discussion! Have a nice day...

Guest twsimfan

Roland,I have only shown a small slice of what is available, but your welcome! :-sun1

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Yes, I did. This thread was in part an answer to that mail. I'm a bit behind in answering mail... you are currently in line behind Bob Stiles & Daniel Biosca. Been a busy week at work.

>I don't use pedals but the "auto-coordination" is >terrible... never use the stuff. For years I have used a >joystick with a twist feature for the "z axis" or rudder. >Just recently I have switched to a Saitek X45 twin unit >which has rudder control on the throttle quadrant. When I am >flying or driving on my computer I like to put my feet up... >so much for realism. ;-) >I don't like the "tiller bar" of my X-45 either! Nearly went nut's until I figured a simple way to tie my analog Thrustmaster rudder pedals to the USB X-45. With rudder pedals I get a sense of feedback & feel, which can simulate that of a real airplane. With tillers, twist controls, and keyboards I don't, and find I have to cut sensitivity down too much, or it leads to squirrly over-control. And BTW----- I once had a one time instructor for an "out of town" flight lesson, who really took me to task for not using enough rudder. Since that time, I've applied much more rudder use to real planes, R/C planes, and simulated planes! Almost wouldn't know what to do without rudder pedals!!!L.Adamson

Guest twsimfan

Chris,I sent you a reply to your most recent mails... your offer to sell... bottom line:I'm still confused as to exactly what you have. :)

The Marchetti is supposed to have the BEST flight dynamics of all FS2002 planes. That's what I've read in the FS2002 forum anyway. I haven't tried it. I don't buy addon planes because1. I don't have a credit card2. I know that if I buy one I'll end up buying 3-4 planes a month and that would be expensive :-lolAlso try out the Debonair (available in the AVSIM file library along with several updates and a Virtual Cockpit addtition). It has the best "feel" of any FS2002 plane I've tried.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest twsimfan

Jimmi,"I don't buy addon planes because1. I don't have a credit card2. I know that if I buy one I'll end up buying 3-4 planes a month and that would be expensive"There are tons of them in the library for free."Also try out the Debonair (available in the AVSIM file library along with several updates and a Virtual Cockpit addtition). It has the best "feel" of any FS2002 plane I've tried."How about some specific info about it... maybe even a few pics?

Here are some screenshots.Just taking off:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df7dde674b0bdc3.jpgThe Virtual Cockpit:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df7de08758616bb.jpgThe 2D panel is also excellent. It is "draggable". If you click and hold down the mousebutton, you can drag the panel to show more, or less of it, similar to the VFR and IFR panels of FU3.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df7de3476aee35e.jpgThe plane also comes as a fictional V-Tail version. I've been a huge fan of V-tails ever since Pro Pilot '99 :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df7de6b7844296c.jpgAnother view of the very detailed virtual cockpit, as I'm trying to land while at the same time trying to get a good shot of the virtual cockpit :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df7de91791b61d5.jpgThe aircraft model is made by a real Debonair pilot and he spent countless hours making sure every detail was perfect, and fine-tuning the flight model. The 2D interior views and 2D panel are based on photos of his plane.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Someone should also post some screenshots of the Falcon 50. Easily the best looking FS2002 plane. I don't have it installed because bizjets are not my thing, so I don't have any pics of it.

MSFS / XP

I didn't have any closeups of the Falcon 50, but when looking through my old screenshot's, I found this one, that just looked very real in this particular shot. It's the PSS Airbus in United colors.

Guest twsimfan

Jimi,The Debonair looks really good... I'll have to try that one! :)