Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

New version of object maker pack

Guest R_Driscoll

I put together a new tutorial pack on how to make scenery objects (for TFT). But with Andre and Ansgar promoting the Gmax approach I fear this text editing approach may be superceded. I will send the pack to anyone who asks by email, but I don't think I should upload it to AVSIM unless people have difficulties following the more professional approach outlined by A and A.Rob D.

Guest juvat2

Hi Robert,I imagine were you to upload your tutorial, it would get a lot of downloads. It will take a bit for folks to get "Max" qualified" and will probably be using your tools for a good while yet.Jim B.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Rob,pls. accept: every alternative is welcome!!! Pls. don

Yes, any useful tool is welcome :-)Would it be possible (or, a good idea) to work on objects in several polygon editors? I'm thinking, if a simple editor is being used to create an object could it subsequently be opened in Gmax for fine-tuning / adding more features? Personally I know very little of polygon creation but if I'm not mistaken anything can be reworked if the source file is available.best regards,Hans Petter

Hi Rob!Please upload it to the library,It can seem complex, but it is for sure valiable information that others can work on.For me I have for this time too mutch to do in real life, both running a private company, and "adm." a "Bush aero-club" where I live to do something about it just for now.For all FU-series fans it would be great if you will do it with yourtalent to this "special tools" available."Christian,Agtim and Ansgar" are the experts on doing new sceenery/aircrafts, and with your addons it would be perfect.we can only wish that some people some day can publishthe "source-code". I have for some time tried the FS2002 sim,- downloaded all kind of stuff, but it will never give me the same "feeling of flight" like the FU series.My companions in the aeroclub are always referring to the FU2/FU3series:("it's a lot of fun!")Best wishes!Lars Peter. :-)

Guest R_Driscoll

Well I've have had overwhelming response, so I can't say no!!I will try to upload it this week. But I went and deleted the tutorial (by accident - tidying up my files!). Duh, how dumb can you get (rhetorical question!). It won't take long to rebuild as I have the components still, but have to rewrite the text. So in a few days.Making any models isn't easy. I couldn't imagine doing what Ansgar and Jon and others do in making planes - it takes me several evenings to make just box-like scenery models. So its hard work. But very very enjoyable and satisfying. So I hope this helps! Thanks for all the encouragement :-rotor Rob D.I forgot to say, as Ansgar did, that I don't care how the models are made, and I know there are people out there who could make brilliant models. The best advice, which I can't follow myself, is to use the best, modernest tools you can get hold of !!!Enjoy flying !!

Guest juvat2

Hi Robert,Thank you for uploading your tutorial. It's going to come in handy for most of us.Oops, forgot to say that I couldn't open models2.doc on this pc(don't have word), so converted to html, now ie can open it. Ok with you?Jim B.

Guest R_Driscoll

Of course Jim. Go for it. And let me know of any problems or mistakes or things that don't work (I think my tute makes more sense after a Budweiser than before). And many many thanks to TFT for rescuing thetute for me!Rob D.