Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

My Baron interior bitmaps

I think it's time to upload my Baron interior views. I've been waiting for Steve's cockpit and a new exterior model by Ansgar. As it stands I've got a plane with interior bitmaps from Ed Weber's aircraft and a paint job representing this particular aircraft as well as I can, given the limits of the Windhawk texture mapping.Then I've used Tom Wunder's panel with a slight color correction to make it match the front quarter views.The flight model has been slightly altered by Daniel Lindstr

I have been very busy lately, Sorry. I have the panels almost completed and hope to have time over Christmas to finish them.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Hans,I have finished Daniels (DLM) model of the Malibu and so I could start work on my AI-model of the windhawk for you. Sure I

To Steve, Ansgar and the rest of you -- if I upload it now this doesn't mean that I don't expect to see future upgrades. Eventually it will have Steve's upcoming panel and Ansgar's new aircraft visual model. I'm just thinking, some simmers may want the interior views only and some may want to rework them. I'm just inclined to make available what I've got and help keep this sim alive.Ansgar, my main problem with the Windhawk is its limited texture map.Specifically, the mirroring of textures from one side to the other doesn't work unless both sides are identical. For instance, our current choice is step guards on both wings or none. Real Barons have one step guard on one side. Then there are some odd texture allocations where a part of the fuselage draws its texture from another area, in a totally illogical way. Looking Glass has "economized" on the textures, relying largely on mirroring and multiple use of each section of a bitmap. For instance, the nose of the aircraft draws its texture from a little spot far back on the side of the fuselage and red bay doors means red wheel struts too. What we need is a texture map that puts everything where each bitmap is supposed to be putting it, as well as separate textures for each opposite side of everything (wings, fuselage, vertical tail and engines). Transparent windows would be a great idea, especially if you can make them semi-transparent / tinted :-)best regards,Hans Petter