Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

FU2 not working

Guest Robs

Hi AllI have had FU2 for years but frustratingly never got it working.It works fine but the image freezes and locks randomly (usually after 30mins to 1 hour in flight) requiring a hard boot.I run FU3 fine.My machine is P3 650 with GEforce 256 and SB live card 128Mb.All drivers are latest with DX ver 8.1 and latest creative and nvidia drivers being tried.I could do with the solution or, if anyone knows, the answer!!Can you import the FU2 challenges and aircraft into FU3??Rob

Rob,I had the same problem when I installed FU2 to help me with my recent PC Pilot article. I think that the problem is caused when hardware 3D acceleration is enabled. Unfortunately, FU2 doesn't look anywhere near as good running in software mode !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Hi Rob,I had the same problem years ago, before FU3 was out. It happened in software mode too. It only happened after 2-3 hours of flight though, and sometimes never happened. I don't remember that anyone found a fix for this.Anyway, there's no need to import FU2's planes in FU3, as they are all included in the original FU3 (except for a "different" Beaver, but I think there was a package for this at Avsim).Cristian

Guest twsimfan

Rob,I can't help you on your main problem. FU2 ran fine on my old V5-500 and I haven't tried it yet on my ATI Radean 9700 Pro... but the real question is have you managed to install the FU2 scenery with FU3?

Guest napis

Hi all !The problem is nVidia.Answer is simple.FU2 has not patch for nVidia cards.FU3 has patch for nVidia cards.:-)RegardsPeter

Guest Robs

Tom,Yeap, got the FU2 scenery into FU3.I just don't like not being able to get a program to work - it bugs me if you'll excuse the pun!Can you transport the FU2 challenges into FU3?Robs.

Guest Robs

Peter,I tend to agree this might be it it (especially after the nvidia FU3 patch) but I thought I see if anyone else knew any better.I am dissapointed that Eidos have given me very little support when I approached them (update you drivers and defrag and go away!)I bought FU3 because I got so frustrated with the possibility of FU2!Robs