Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

video cards.

Guest glidernut

To Tom Wunder & or eny one.With thees tow lins in the FU3 cfg fileEnablePlayerShadowenable_cloud_shadowsPeopl useing a Voodoo video card, see cloud shadows only.Peopl useing nVidia GeForce card, see Player Shadow only.Tom, what Shadow do you see? with your ATI Radean 9700 Pro video card.Im thinking of geting one.Sum say its the best there is.See the top ten video cards.http://www.futuremark.com/glidernut.

Guest twsimfan

I'll check it out for you tomorrow after work... late for bed right now.

I am very happy with my Radeon 9700 Pro. However, for FU3, there are better cards. Flight3 only runs in 16-bit color mode, not 32bit like newer games. In 16bit mode, you can not use FSAA on the Radeon 9700 Pro. This results in some jaggies. Geforce cards can apply FSAA even in 16bit mode. For other games, the R9700 Pro is currently better, though.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest glidernut

Hi JimmiG I not know that, thanks for leting me know.Fu3 being the one and only one for me, meens Iill not be geting a Radean then.That,s saved me a lot of time and troubl, not to mention a good deel of cash.Thanks & Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.glidernut.

I should add that ATI have said that they might add 16-bit FSAA in the future. But, until they've actually done that (if they ever do it), the R9700 Pro is not that great for FU3.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest twsimfan

I would add that in some ways FU3 with the 9700 looks even better than with the V5... but You do get some minor "steps" on the horizon. I plan to bring up FU3 and some other older sims on my old machine where my V5 still resides once I get some other problems resolved. But I do enjoy running it on this machine with everything set to max and outstanding frame rates.

Guest glidernut

Thanks Tom, Do have a good Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Contrary to popular opinion, it would seem that I am not the only person who ONLY uses Flight Unlimited 3.Thank you John.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Chris, I sometimes use FS2002, but only when I want to see a nice 737 (my favourite liner aircraft). When I want to fly, and to have fun, my only choice is FU3.(even though lately I've tried Fly!2, and I must admit it has an huge potential... it's way better than MSFS anyway, IMO).Bottom line: if I should be forced to choose ONE and ONLY ONE sim, I would keep FU3 for sure. :)Cristian

Guest glidernut

Hi adams`O`! well ermmmm.I stand corected.glidernut.

Woohoo! :DNew drivers have been leaked from ATI to the public, and people are saying that FSAA works in 16-bit with those. I haven't tried them so I can't tell if it works in Flight3. I don't want to use leaked or beta drivers because there's always a risk that they screw up the system and I don't want that to happen :)This, should however mean that the next official driver will also support 16-bit FSAA.found out at www.rage3d.com , a technical ATI site.

MSFS / XP

Guest R_Driscoll

I use nvidia.I have never seen cloud shadows. So I agree with glidernut onthat one.