Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Radar Vectors

Can someone tell me what the ATC controller is saying when AI plane pilots are "ready to copy IFR to........". It sounds like "den-es-mild", which sounds complete **** **** to me. Is this some kind of radar terminology, or am I hearing it all wrong ?This has bugged me for YEARS !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Has always sounded to me as if (for want of a better explanation) that the sim's ATC reads phonetically; with no inflection. I think in some cases, the ATC from FU, MSFS and x-plane all display this.

Guest Quaxo

Hi Chris,after the "ready to copy IFR to", there is the name of a city. These names (the voices for these names) are stored in the files [FU3]GenpileVcomp?.res (there is one file for each pilot voice). You can open these files with ResViewer. The city names are stored in the sub-files from 688 to 740. You should find your strange word there. If you find it and it's difficult to understand, just open another voice file, and look for the same sub-file number: it will be the same word, possibly in a "clearer" voice, more understandable...I listened to all the city names without finding anything similar to "den-es-mild" (to my ears at least)... If you find your strange word, please tell us what it was! :)Cristian

Cristian,I have found the sound file that corresponds to "den-es-mild". After having listened to it over and over again, it is possible that the last word is actually "filed". This would seem to make more sense, since the controller is probably asking the pilot to follow radar vectors that have been previously filed as part of the flight plan.Anyway, it is FILE 977 in the FLIGHT3GENPILEVCOMCTRL.RES file.You may also like to listen to some of the sound files between 700 and 800. These include some very amusing comments from ATC regarding your ability to fly the plane, taxi the plane, and follow control tower instructions. I couldn't believe how many different ones there were.Two more points to note here. Is it possible for ATC to scramble fighter jets in FU3, assuming that you are proving a real danger to everyone around you ? Also, has anyone seen Air Force One ? There is a sound file for it.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris.exploring the "FU3-sound res.files",seems that LG at that time, was included to their unsolved company problem to have the sim- eighter to be closed or open, And I would think that at the time in 1998/99.-They was in a dilemma "maybe some day"-make a "FU4" out of this.At that time the FU series was the only sim with interactive flight controller.We all know the history, and there will be no more out of this.Sad, but true.That said,- this is the flightsim.serier who "did id" in the perfect way of developing an "interactive Flightsims" No other company has been able to do this as The "Looking Glass Studios" to make it as "REAL FUN"!.I hope some day another publisher some day will do the same thing.Thanks to Ansgar,- Andre,-Christian and others.This will be the sim, that will remain in the top ten sims for some more time.Flightsims is today not the main target for the Game industri, butMy only wish is that E.A. or Eidos would take the time to do do some more out of this. It would have been perfect if they still have the source codes of this series.Best wishes.Lars Peter.

The controller actually sais "Then as filed" :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jimmi,THANK YOU ! :-)Maybe the controller had a cold when he recorded the message :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png