Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

AVSim 2003 Demographic Survey

Another one added. That makes a whopping 4 of us.Anyone else out there?Ian

Guest Staggerwing

Watch out Jimmi... you'll get the message I used to get when I promoted the survey in past years :-)"Staggerwing, why do you keep bringing up the survey" ? :-lolI too think we should be represented there as much as possible.. we DO exist.

Well, the link is posted in the FS2002 forum also, so it's only right that it's posted here :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

On another note, it's pretty strange that so few use FU3.Because to me, it's the best flight sim ever.It's just barely my primary sim nowadays, but I still spend 50% of my flightsim time with FU3 (and the other 50% with FS2002). Flight III is almost four years old now, yet the feeling of being there, the ATC, flight models and graphics are good enough to compete with FS2002, released only one year ago.Maybe FS2004 will finally be better than FU3 in all areas..but then, it's just as likely that it won't. MS tends to make great improvements in areas I don't care about, and leave the (to me) important things unimproved from version to version. Why can't I easily set up a complete weather system? Why are there no or very few satelite sceneries? Why is everyone concentrating on the big jets and transatlantic flights when I prefer to take a Cessna for a short one-hour flight over the countryside?Maybe if FU3 was released in 2001-2002 instead of 1999, it would have been more popular. GHz PCs were becoming more common, where as in 1999, people still used 200-400 MHz PCs. FU3 needs a 1+ GHz PC and lots of RAM for fluid framerates.Ooops what have I done..don't let this turn into a FS2002-FU3 war. You are welcome to state your own opinion, just keep it civil, OK? :-outta

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Quaxo

Just looked at the results (after voting!)... Well, we're at the third place... Not bad :) !Cristian

That makes 13.You didn't think that I would let the side down, did you ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for bringing the survey to my attention. I love FU3 but my primary is FLYII. I think they should have included another question. "What other flight sims do you fly regularly?" ...and then have one of those "check all that apply" lists. Mine would be:MS2000, MS2002, FLY2K, FLYII, FU3, XPlane5, 6 Demo. I also have Space Orbiter, Trans UTC Demo and MS Trainsim. So many sims... so little time. Life is good!Thanks again,Earl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13