Sign in to follow this  

FU3

Hey there!I just ordered FUIII and was wondering if there are any updates to a clean install that will be required to run on my system.P4 1.8, 512M DDR, TI4600, WIN2000.First time FU pilot, but have flown some of all the others!Thanks for any help and or hints,Guy

Guest glidernut

Hi guyber02, welcom abord.If your video card is an NVIDIA, then you will need a Patch.There are three Patches, so be cairful to get the right one. This sould take you to the UK patch, Which is most litly the one you want.Install FU3 ferst, and then click on the patch.I licke to put the patch in the maine Flight3 Folder, and then click on it.Cum back and let us know what you think of it.or if you hit any snags.glidernut.

Guest twsimfan

That is definately a Nvida card... it wont run without the patch. Also be sure to check out the library for tons of add-ons once you have it running.

Guest Quaxo

Glidernut, actually he could need the USA patch, as he lives in Orlando (USA) as stated on his profile... :)Cristian

Hi, Guy. You didn't mention if you have a copy of FU2. If you have it, then you can also install its scenery (San Francisco Bay area) under FU3, thus doubling your flight area. This can't be added later; it is only possible while installing FU3.And welcome to the fantastic world of FU3 :)

Guy,I'm curious. Where exactly have you ordered FU3 from ? Any retail outlet or mail order company that still sells FU3 would be a potential gold mine !Oh, and the advice about getting FU2 is priceless. The San Francisco scenery is excellent.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi guy,There are three Patches, so be cairful to get the right one. [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3patch.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 | This takes you to the US patch,][link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3depat.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 ] This takes you to the Germany patch,Install FU3 ferst, and then click on the patch.I licke to put the patch in the maine Flight3 Folder, and then click on it.glidernut.

Thanks for all the info. Exactly what I was looking for.Since I am in the US, I will get the US patch for the Nvidia card.I purchased the Sim on E-Bay, but I guess I need to go back and try and get a copy of FU 2 also!What scenery comes with FU 3?Thanks again everyone for the quick responses....Guy

Guest twsimfan

Guy,FU3 comes with the Seattle area. If you have FU2 it comes with the San Francisco area... it more than doubles the hi-res area... the SF area is considerably larger than the Seattle area in FU3.