Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

Bristol and other cities included!

Guest qvdg

Hi Cristian, I will send away this week for the upcoming update disk. By the way where did you get the 737 of which the debris now ligning motormouse's street.Cheers, QvdG

Guest Quaxo

Quentin,It is the Ryanair 737-800 made by Ansgar (see the screenshots on my previous posts). It's an early beta aircraft though... No moving parts, no cockpit, no dedicated cockpit, no lights. Ask Ansgar for more info...Anyway, it's a sturdy plane! I put together all the debris I could find, with duct tape... I still miss the nose wheel, but the aircraft flies. I only have to replace the front lower fuselage panels after each landing...Cristian

Guest Motormouse

I'm going to use it as a flowerpot , if thats' ok,I mean,it just sort of bounced into my backgarden :-lol:-wavePete

Guest Quaxo

Oh well... it's in your garden, so it's yours. If I should ask for it, I would have to admit I was the pilot of that bouncing plane... and I really don't want to make this public!And after all, I only fly one plane at a time; so I modified my Beechjet.. now its nosewheel has a "fast-snap" plug. I plug the wheel on whichever plane I want to fly. I just have to be a little more careful when bringing the nose down in the 737...Cristian

Guest Robs

Hi AllI have a UK VFR 2001 guide with airfield plans and notes in case anyone wants to model a particular UK airport.Rob.

Guest Robs

Cardiff is in the VFR book,Runways 30/12 ILS 110.70 2354m long by 46m wide I haven't had my copy of Uk scenery from Christian yet so I don't know if you need this info.robs@freeola.net

You would need that kind of information if you want to create the airport. I wouldn't mind attempting this, but I would very likely leave the job of creating custom building models to others :-)I have asked Cristian to send me the completed UK scenery when it is ready (all NINE CD's worth) :-eekChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Today I've finished processing the data I have! This means I've done as many megatiles as I can for the foreseeable future... Unless I can find other serious volunteers who send me the data (tricky task now, with Ben's tool not working fine), I'll have to stop here. But I think it's a rather huge area anyway! When I completed my very first megatile, I would never have thought I would have gone so far. :)Now I'll send the data to Andr

Guest R_Driscoll

Hey that's excellent!I don't suppose you could send me Heathrow so I can see what I did wrong and maybe add ILS?Rob D.

Guest Robs

Chris,I wanted to try some object modeling and figured I'd pic a small out of the way airport and try that as an add on for the UK as this is the best way I can help out.I haven't got my UK scenery yet as post takes a while so I'll practice building a shed in seattle or something based on my garden shed!!.Rob.

Guest Robs

Rob,Attached is a preview version of the page - everything a pilot needs.Book your landing at Heathrow at least 24 hours in advance.If anyone want to develop an airport for christians UK scenery then let me know what airport and what your email address it and I will send you a high res of the plate.Rob, I've put a better version of heathrow in the post and I hope you can read it if not I'll send you a very high dpi (large) one!Rob.

Guest R_Driscoll

Sorry Rob, can't read it! I will need the higher dpi version.But could you let me have the ILS frequencies asap - then I can include these and finish off the package. They are on your diagram I think but are unreadable.OK OK - got it! Thanks Rob. What, both runways have ILS? And they usePAPI, not VASI. Bother. And what I called West Terminal is called terminal 3! Oh yes, and the General Aviation Area is on the other side of the airport, and ...I think I won't read any more.OK, version 3 coming out next week, with night lighting and ILS! See you then.Rob D.

Guest Robs

Rob,Sorry! Didn't mean to generate more work!The low res posted image is the best I can do in 125K!!!But hi res and higher res are on their way to you.I am gonna be mega busy next couple of weeks but want to get back to trying to get and object defined and running.Tutorial absorbed and understood. I'll generate my own files from scratch so I can convince myself I know what I am doing!!Rob

Guest R_Driscoll

Wow! I look forward to the results! Its great to hear of other people taking up this area - there is far too much for me to do.I have implemented ILS on one runway only (Heathrow has ILS on two), but don't intend to do the other as I am concerned about framerates.There should only be one active runway anyway. Details on another thread but the important thing is I used your datasheets. Many thanks.Rob D.

Where will the UK Cd's be available from? And for how much Sterling?Duke